Round Two of Babies: So Jealous

Post new topic Reply to topic
TTC1stbaby
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 293
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 am 
Post subject: Round Two of Babies: So Jealous
Okay girls I am so jealous right now. I found out my first IVF failed (only 1 frozen embryo) on the same day my cousin found out she was pregnant with twins. This will be her husband's 6th and 7th kids. He doesn't support his kids and my cousin is not excited to be a mother again. When I discovered she was pregnant with twins I bawled my eyes out. I just couldn't understand it. A friend announced that she is pregnant yesterday, today she announced she is pregnant with twins. She and her husband will be great parents but I can't understand why everyone is having twins when I can't even conceive one. I am having a pity party and I know I will get myself out of this but right now I just don't understand anything. My sister in law announced that they will be trying to conceive again very soon. Her baby is 6 months old. I really wish her an easy journey but I know the jealousy bug will roar its ugly head again. I am sick of this jealousy bug. HELP!
MrsZargon
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 473
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:00 am 
Post subject:
Oh Hun no wonder you are jealous! I find announcements really hard as well esp. If the parents are less than overjoyed or act as if it was as easy as pie to conceive. I find the only way to cope Is to subtly avoid ppl that make you feel like this unless they are close friends or family in which case you just have to swallow the bitter pill and get over it. There will always be days when everywhere u turn there are bumps, babies, announcements and well meaning questions about when you are having one the trick is not to dwell on it too much if possible. it sounds silly but I try something called grounding now where I stand barefoot on the floor (cold tiles work well so that you can feel a temperature difference) and take deep breaths and as I breathe out I push all the negative feelings down and out through my body and into the floor. It helps me to not let these days take me over for any longer than possible.

I'm really sorry to hear about your IVF xxx
TTC1stbaby
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 293
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:28 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks. I will have to try that to cool me down. I just feel so stressed lately. I have managed to calm myself down in the past but lately I am a head case. I know there are plenty of women who have struggled much harder than I have but this week has been constant smacks. To top everything off I have just passed my two year mark. When I started TTC I prayed really hard for a baby and less than 2 months later two of my sister in laws announced pregnancies (1 got pregnant 1st month TTC) not to mention the friends that followed, than when I found out I was onto IVF I prayed for a baby but told God I would really love twins. It just feels like when I pray everyone else gets what I want. I think it will be a cold floor for me tonight. Thanks you so much.
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Posts: 2047
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hun. I'm so sorry your IVF failed.
It really sucks seeing everyone around you getting pregnant.It helps me to remind myself that happiness is infinite - what happens for someone else doesn't change how things will go for you in any way(easier said than done). It still hurts when people make their announcements but not as much.

Meditation has also really helped me. Sit in a darkened, quiet room(with or without candlelight), sit up straight and really concentrate on your breathing. Concentrate only on your breathing until other thoughts disappear. This can really help give your mind a break and get rid of stress hormones. xx
_________________
Cathy347
Newcomer
Newcomer
Joined: 22 May 2013
Posts: 2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject: failed IVF
Hi!
So sorry about your bad experience! I know how you feel since I have been TTC for 3years and then on recommendation tried a clinic where my IVF failed so I ve lost hope, time and got angry and sad at the same time!!!
But I would like to ask you if you are considering another IVF or FET? I am considering another IVF, for this time in abroad. Some friends heard of successful IVFs in abroad, mainly Spain and India. I have found some clinic in Czech Republic http://www.reprogenesis.com/ which promises 70% chance of success!! What do you thing about?
Would go there ?
Thank you!!!
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 1178
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
HI there

You know God answers prayers, in His time. so if you been praying really hard, you will definitely get your babies.
as hard as it might be, try to be happy for those around you and concentrate on looking after your own health and body.
remain positive and your body will react to your mind.
i wish you all the best and hope that your BFP comes sooner than later
God blessxx
_________________
[/url]
My two angels who are in heaven
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 13374
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Cathy I'd be wary of any clinic that promises a 70% chance of success unless their figures back that up, as that is very high and I see this is a very new clinic only established last year Question , but there are some good EU clinics , I contacted a Czech clinic myself Reprofit and they seemed very professional, had good reviews had all the figures to back their claims up and were cheaper than the UK because of lower overheads , so it can be worth checking out EU clinics as they are covered by the same standards as here but often have no waiting lists and are cheaper xxx
TTC 1st you're in the US aren't you ? Have you ever considered a European clinic, they really are so much cheaper, the quote I got for IVF with ICSI and going to blast was under £3,000 which is around $4,500 so much cheaper than the US even with flights etc. plus the holiday aspect of it might help it be more relaxing Question xx
TTC1stbaby
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 293
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm 
Post subject: Re: failed IVF
Cathy347 wrote:
Hi!
So sorry about your bad experience! I know how you feel since I have been TTC for 3years and then on recommendation tried a clinic where my IVF failed so I ve lost hope, time and got angry and sad at the same time!!!
But I would like to ask you if you are considering another IVF or FET? I am considering another IVF, for this time in abroad. Some friends heard of successful IVFs in abroad, mainly Spain and India. I have found some clinic in Czech Republic http://www.reprogenesis.com/ which promises 70% chance of success!! What do you thing about?
Would go there ?
Thank you!!!


I am going to be trying a second attempt at IVF this summer. I would be willing to try an oversea clinic bc I have heard there are some great ones that are a head of ours. However I do not think my husband would be willing to try it. 70% is pretty high. Makes me wonder if their patients don't get pregnant 1st attempt if the dump them.
TTC1stbaby
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 293
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm 
Post subject:
michelletv wrote:
HI there

You know God answers prayers, in His time. so if you been praying really hard, you will definitely get your babies.
as hard as it might be, try to be happy for those around you and concentrate on looking after your own health and body.
remain positive and your body will react to your mind.
i wish you all the best and hope that your BFP comes sooner than later
God blessxx


Thank you so much
Cathy347
Newcomer
Newcomer
Joined: 22 May 2013
Posts: 2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:26 pm 
Post subject: reply
DL05 wrote:
Cathy I'd be wary of any clinic that promises a 70% chance of success unless their figures back that up, as that is very high and I see this is a very new clinic only established last year Question , but there are some good EU clinics , I contacted a Czech clinic myself Reprofit and they seemed very professional, had good reviews had all the figures to back their claims up and were cheaper than the UK because of lower overheads , so it can be worth checking out EU clinics as they are covered by the same standards as here but often have no waiting lists and are cheaper xxx
TTC 1st you're in the US aren't you ? Have you ever considered a European clinic, they really are so much cheaper, the quote I got for IVF with ICSI and going to blast was under £3,000 which is around $4,500 so much cheaper than the US even with flights etc. plus the holiday aspect of it might help it be more relaxing Question xx


Thank you so much for advices!!!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

Community

Popular