Natural birth after 2 sections?????

xFayeGotBabyDustx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject: Natural birth after 2 sections?????
I know I'm jumping way ahead of myself here I'm only 7 weeks, but I'm seeing MW next week for the first time and I've got questions I need to ask,

I had sections with both my other children, first one was an emergency due to me not progressing in labour (13years ago) and with my son I had a heart condition at the time and for my own safety reasons the consultant advised a an elective section (3years ago), I had an operation just after aiden was born so no longer have the heart condition.

With this being my last baby, I'd really like to try for a natural birth, has anyone had one after 2 sections? If so did the MW support it or try to make you go with a section??

My feelings at the moment are...if they strongly advise me against it then I will go with a section, I trust they know best etc, but if they are all for me trying for a natural birth I think I'll be over the moon!!

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
When i got pg after travis my mw told me i would have to have another section because it was so close and after i had two i would have to have sections in any following pregnancies because it would b to high risk but everywhere is different because i know people who have done it! Xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
I had an emergency c section and when I see consultant at 12 weeks he asked what I had thought about doing and he recommended Vbac which I want to give a go even though Im shi**ing myself lol. At my 16 week appointment they also said its what they encourage. They then recommended I book to go on a vbac class which is a one off so Ive applied for that.
I dont see any reason why you couldnt go for a natural birth seeing as your heart problem is sorted now.
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
I had a section with Lola, she is my only child but i just wanted to say even if doctors advise you to have another section please make sure they give you good reason for this and have proof because im so sick of people being pushed into sections like i was. Its not nice and i dont think it helps your mental state either. I believe it has its risks as does a c-section. good luck! xx
Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there
i have had 3 c-sections. first was an emergency c-section and then with my second child, i changed gynaes.
Because he didnt know my history or what my complications were with my first child, he preferred to do a c-section.
He said that what happens with a c-section is that you have had an operation which has to heal from the inside out. They cut through a few layers before reaching the baby. Sometimes the inside does not heal as well as the outside, meaning that should there be complications and there is an internal tear, it could be dangerous for you and the baby.
It is not common, but can happen, so he would prefer not to take the chance.
With my third child i wasnt taking any chances. i had already had 2 miscarraiges, and was going to make sure my baby was delivered without complications.
i am glad i opted for a c-section.

If your gynae or midwife is absolutely sure there wont be any complications, then you should do what your heart tells you to do.
good luck and best wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular