Ovulation kits

Polkadotty
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:00 am 
Post subject: Ovulation kits
This is month 5 for me ttc and this month I used the clearblue ovulation test with the dual hormone indicator. I got all the four high fertile days and the 2 peak fertile (ovulation) days and had sex everyday of these days but still doubtful that its worked again this month. Has anyone else used this ovulation kit and had a positive result with it and if yes how long did you use it for?
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
Ive been using these but my OH has lost his sex drive so im not surprising we are not getting anywhere. I wouldnt be so down about it as is does work for some people and not others. The thing is to stay positive.

[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lt1f.lilypie.com/xNxm.png[/img][/link]
Polkadotty
Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm 
Post subject:
I was trying my hardest to be positive this month using opk's but just don't think it's worked again for another month. It can't be the timing that was wrong this month. Lindseylou how long have you been using the clearblue hormone ovulation test kit?
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Polkadotty,

I have been using them for about 4-5 months. But dont let that worry you as my other half hasnt got the highest sex drive it seemed to have dissapeared so im lucky if i get it twice a mopnth so it is no wonder we are pregnant. They are 100% accurate for me as i get the lower back pain as well around the time i get the smiley face.I was also using cheaper internet ones and only once did it come up that i was ovulating so dont trust these no more.

So if you are doing lots of baby dancing(sex) then you will probably catch that egg.

Good luck
Polkadotty
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah these are the first test kits ive used didnt want to trust cheap ones cos knew they probably wouldn't be 100% accurate. We also used a fertility spray this month. This month I don't feel like I noticed ovulating because I always get the egg white mucus that they say you usually get but knew I had cos i got my high fertility days and my two peak days 16 days after my last period. How long have you been trying for altogether? I hope your other half gets his sex drive back very soon and wish you all the luck too!
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt know there was fertility spray. I have been trying for a few years now and am the other side of 35 so now the doctors are wanting to do test to find out what is wrong but i think it is due to the little baby dancing we do.
Well i have now tried saying to my other half that im not bothered about having a baby so he doesnt feel pressured as well. We have friends having babies all over the place so he feels more pressure than most.
Polkadotty
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 am 
Post subject:
Yeah niether did I until I spotted it beside the ovulation tests in boots. I thought may aswell give it a try but don't think it has made any different to be honest.im only 23 and I'm so scared that something is wrong with us as it hasn't happened yet.we do everything they say you should intake preconception vits have done for 4 months now, used the ovulation kits eat a healthy balanced diet dont smoke never have, haven't drunk any alcohol since ttc.last time I had a drink was New Year's Eve.i do regular exercise.its just frustrating because we're not doing anything we shouldn't be I wouldn't mind if we were could understand as to why it may be taking longer but then you hear that people who do smoke and drink and other things to fall pregnant 😡. I just find it so difficult as to why it can't be happening for us,so scared that there is a medical reason behind it and can't be positive about it until I know that wer both 100% fertile. Does anybody feel the same way I do about all this??
Kgibbons
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 am 
Post subject:
I feel the same, I've been using opk for a couple of months, hopefully it'll happen soon for us all fingers crossed and baby dust to you x
Polkadotty
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:32 pm 
Post subject:
Kgibbons how long have you been on the ttc journey? I'm just so desperate for it too happen and each month that oasses without success it scares me that it won't happen naturally. Do you worry like this too? Baby dust to you too πŸ™πŸ‘ΆπŸ’«
Kgibbons
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
I came off yasmin pill at the end of October last year, so only about 6 months. It will hopefully happen soon, but don't want to stress out too much about it
Polkadotty
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:36 am 
Post subject:
I was on the Yasmin pill when I was on contraception but not been on any for about 3 years if not 4 years really.came off them cos didnt feel they was agreeing with me.my skin was constantly breaking out,I know the Yasmin pill is supposed to help with that but didnt for me.i can't help but worry as I didn't think it would take us this long I didn't imagine ever being this worried before I started to decide for a baby.i don't feel I worry as much when I'm in my fertile window as I full of hope and enjoying the making process it's afterwards when it dawns in that it hasn't happened for yet another month and panic creeps in. It's a viscous circle that I'm in each month.
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
I have been on various pills and they didn't agree with me. I am keep going with the ovulation kits and try not think about it. Easier said then done I know. I am the worse person to tell that too as I am ok half way through the month then when it is a week before AF is due im looking for anything that might give me a sign.

Good luck girls and just enjoy baby dancing Embarassed Embarassed
Polkadotty
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah me too I'm due my af next week but looking for implantation bleeding but none so guessing I'm not pregnant! For another month. I try nitro think about it too much but so hard not too when it's all you ever want. Then hear that someone I know is pregnant and how is it working for them and not for us. It's so upsetting for me 😌
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
You saying about the implantation bleeding you might not even get it. Some people don't have anything till the do a test so don't count yourself out till the af due day.

Im trying to act all cool with other half in relation to baby dancing as I think he feel the pressure and when AF arrive he get so teasey like another month of him failing.

Im going to just do loads of baby dancing and hopefully I will get there.

Polkadotty
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:32 am 
Post subject:
Yeah but just have that feeling that I'm not pregnant. I know what you mean about feeling like a failure we feel like that every month.each month that passes by scares me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular