Is it safe to start ttc straight after a m/c?

3girliesandababyboy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:19 pm 
Post subject: Is it safe to start ttc straight after a m/c?
Hi ladies,
I've just lost my baby at 10 weeks and have decided i'd like to try again as soon as possible. I know the doc and mw both advise to wait at least 1 cycle before ttc as they say it gives your body to to heal but i've read a few stories on here of people trying again straight away.
What i wanted to know was whether there is a higher risk of another m/c if you concieve again too quickly after the last one? I know that nobody knows for certain but wondered whether people could share thier stories or opinions.
Thanks x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
LianneJane5687
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya hun i'm not too sure on that particular question but i read an article on the maternity ward at my local hospital that said if you concieve within 6 months of having a miscarriage theres a higher chance the baby will survive!

I lost my baby in Oct 2010 and then found out i was pregnant again in Feb 2011 and we wasn't even trying!

Sorry to hear of your news and i hope you have a successful pregnancy soon x

3girliesandababyboy
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply hun, i know nobody knows for certain but i just wanted to get as much info as possible x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 am 
Post subject:
I started ttc about 2 weeks after I had my d & c, took my body 11 weeks for AF to arrive which drove me crazy Mad I started doing opks pretty much straight away Smile Once my periods returned to normal it took us 3 months to conceive this little one xx

HelleBelle
Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
After my first mmc i waited for my period to arrive before we started trying again, simply because it took that long for me to be emotionally ready. I think they advise waiting for the bleeding to stop before having sex again. Luckily for me it only took two cycles before I was pregnant again with my beautiful boy! I've just found out I've had another mmc at 9 wks so hoping I get pregnant again soon as soon as its all over. Good luck to you xxx

mmc no2: May 2012
mc no3: October 2012
cbods28
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun when i had the all clear from the hospital they told me i didnt have to wait for a period and they only suggest that for dating purposes so we have started trying straight away i think if you are emotionally ready you should try as your body won't get pregnant until its ready anyway good luck and baby dust xx
Melly77
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. I lost on the 30th April and to be honest we didn't exactly 'try' afterwards but now I am 7 weeks pregnant again !! The hospital told me to wait one cycle but its only for dating purposes, I went for an early scan last Thursday and there was the little bean, heart flashing on the screen Very Happy
I have never had morning sickness like I've got this time so am feeling quietly confident that everything will work out better this time.

Good luck to you and I am sorry for your loss.xx
RiceCrispieCakeHead
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
Melly77 how did u go about it all to get an early dating scan? I had a miscarriage at the beginning of July and have just found out I'm pg again (yay!) and haven't had a period inbetween. Did u got to ur dr or just make a booking appt with the midwife? I don't know what to do lol
Melly77
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
I called my midwife, I still had my 16 week appointment booked with her from the previous pregnancy that I hadn't had the heart to cancel yet. They sent me through a dating scan appointment within a couple of days. They like to do it quite early I think to date you and reassurance. The epac had said I could refer myself back to them for an early scan if I had wanted too when I had miscarried.

Congrats on your BFP. X
RiceCrispieCakeHead
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
Wow. I've just got a message from the surgery midwife after calling earlier for advice and she said no to booking in before 8 weeks. I wonder if the early pregnancy unit would give me a scan at the hospital if I asked. I just thought u had to have ur booking appointment first? They don't make it easy to advise u! Sad
RiceCrispieCakeHead
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the BFP message hun sorry I've just reread it! My mind is all over the place ATM xxx
Melly77
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Phone the early pregnancy assessment clinic, I expect they'll be happy to see you, that's what they are there for.
It certainly is a situation that messes with your head a bit. It was good to get the early scan. X
RiceCrispieCakeHead
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 am 
Post subject:
Well I phoned them...they said they'd love to be able to offer reasurrance scans but due to resources they can't, only if you've had 3 or more m/c Sad Gutted. Will just have to stay positive and hope this one sticks Embarassed xxxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:42 am 
Post subject:
Thats the same policy as my area rice, no early scans unless youve had 3 or more miscarriages. Even though I was a high risk of ectopic after tubal surgery they still wouldnt scan me. Only thing you can do is go private if you can afford it x
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Wishing you all the best and hope your pregnancies stick.
i've been there but there is always sunshine after the rain.
good wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular