36 and first ever 28 day cycle...

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:30 pm 
Post subject: 36 and first ever 28 day cycle...
Now is this something I should be worried about? My periods are very irregular usually one every 6 months minimum. This past few months I've had one every month and this cycle has been my shortest ever. My mum said she became regular before hitting the menopause! Now I'm thinking times definitely running out probably over reacting!

On another note its gotten very quiet in here of late hope all are well!
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Banoffee,

I am the same age as you and convinced myself I was going through the change as my cycles where changing each month with one cycle on 23 days and with me not getting pregnant either.
I went to the doctor and he said as long as I getting af each month not only am I ovulating then I also not getting close to the menopause. He said at 36 i'm too young for starters and that I would be having loads of other symptoms as well. If you worried go doctors and check.
Are you having any other symptoms a tall?

I was just thinking it has gone all quiet on here as well today when I logged on.

I have started taking folic acid and keep have weird ache like a stitch but not and very hot like someone has turned up a fire underneath me. I even broke out in a sweat so much so today, would folic acid do this to you would you know?
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:51 am 
Post subject:
No other symptoms lindsey! It's just strange isn't it how cycles change.

No Folic acid shouldn't make you warm I've heard your temperature rises around ovulation though. Good luck TTC we could do with some more BFP's!!!!
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
It is strange and it has only started in the last few years. I only have 3 days of bleed now from before having 7 days.
I do wonder if having my cancer scare down below and them having to remove half my uterus has affected it a tall, I don't know. I am all clear on that side now and was told I should be able to have children so ok there.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:25 pm 
Post subject:
It could have done because the bleeding is the lining from the uterus being shed. so if they've removed some then it could be a plausible explanation why the bleeding is light. I really hope you get lucky as it sounds like you've had a tough time.
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Thank you for shedding some light on that well that explains it then. When I asked the doctors they didn't say anything like that and just said as you get older it happen sometimes.

I hopefully will get pregnant but I don't pin my hopes too high as OH wont get checked out or should I say get off his arse to get checked out. He said if I can bring what ever is needed to get tested he is happy to do it. Men eh I think he is embarrest as he isn't the slim jim. Oh well I just tell his mum when she asked that he doesn't want any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular