Energy drinks?

Cathymummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:47 pm 
Post subject: Energy drinks?
Hi

I have a 3 and 2 year old but recently lost my surprise 3rd baby (blighted ovum, resulting in a d&c at 13 wks) we are trying again but I'm worried by the amount of energy drinks I consume, I'm a nurse, work full time and lots of nights, the energy drinks help me to keep going! However I'm worried as to whether they are harmful to early pregnancy? I'm wondering whether its safe to keep consuming until I know I'm pregnant and then stop? I am trying to cut back and drink lucozade (low cal instead) but especially when I'm on nights I will favour energy drinks.

Any advice? Apart from the drinks I have a healthy diet, don't smoke, rarely drink and don't even drink tea or coffee!

Thanks

Cathy
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. A blighted ovum would not have been caused by the energy drinks. However I wouldn't drink them in pregnancy due to higher levels of caffeine. I personally carried on drinking coffee but not as much as normal.

Good luck ttc
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
As Banoffee said really, wouldn't have been the reason but too much caffeine in pregnancy can cause other problems so keeping an eye on the amount you consume is definitely worthwhile.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular