Honest opinions

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
I love it.. But I like unusual names and Japanese culture. I love meanings behind names too.. Smile xx
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I love that name!!
Im like you, i had alot of trouble and finally settled on Lola, it was originally Poppy.
I havent come across either all my life Smile
Funnily enough though ive never come across my name (Hayley) and its not exactly unusual.
I also love Amellie! (definitely my new girls name for when i have another haha, it was Mila :0))
xx
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:29 pm 
Post subject:
Being a teacher I had this issue. I didnt really want to call my daughter a common name, especially as I'd probably associate it with a student! I'm a Rachael and was one of 3 in my primary school class, so I really didnt want that for her, so I know what you mean! I trawled the 'top 100' names trying to make sure the ones I liked where not too close to the top!

I really wanted Elyza but my husband refused point blank to consider it. He wanted Stephanie, which I really didnt want and in the end we decided upon Francesca (Frankie for short). It is not a really unusual name but uncommon enough for me, I've only taught two Frankies in my whole career so far. We both also love the fact its traditional too. Her middle name is Briony, so we have a little more 'unusual' in there for good measure.

I think you should go for it if you like it, as a teacher I make an effort to get to know my students names, no matter how unusual. I know of a student in the school called Bunny - a HE!!?! We also had an Opium. So I personally dont think Ayame is that out there. Laughing It sounds pretty and has a lovely meaning - who cares what other people think!! Very Happy
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for your positive comments. It means alot! I do love it for its meaning, its individuality and the way it looks on paper. It will take getting used to even for me haha but I think the name will just grown with her. I literally cant find anyone with the name.. I typed it into fb and theres nobody lol

Raspich its good to have some input from a teacher. Hearing those names has made me feel alot more comfortable about ayame xx

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:30 am 
Post subject:
I think its lovely, though she might be in for a lifetime of mistakenly being called Amy. Elijah is still fairly unusual and many people can't seem to spell or pronounce it, we gave him a plain middle name in case he preferred (Thomas) Smile
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:23 am 
Post subject:
I think it looks really lovely on paper, although even after reading your post, I can't get it in my head how it's pronounced. Could just be baby brain. It's got a lovely meaning so if you love it then go for it. What does OH think?

Maria, Elijah Thomas was our name for a boy Smile

xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
mariandelijah wrote:
I think its lovely, though she might be in for a lifetime of mistakenly being called Amy. Elijah is still fairly unusual and many people can't seem to spell or pronounce it, we gave him a plain middle name in case he preferred (Thomas) Smile

plain *tut tut* Laughing Thomas is a GREAT name, not that I am biased Rolling Eyes Laughing

Avasmummy, if you love it go for it. Just be prepared for everyone to get it wrong, but hey look on the bright side, its a great unusual name and you could be a trend setter Wink

dixxychick
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
When he had our 1st daughter, we picked ellie-mai as her name as it was unusual, now there are ellies everywhere. Our 2nd daughter is called drew. People seem to assume its after drew barrymore but its not, shes named after my brother andrew who died at 7months. Our other daughter chose mia as her middle name. Its still pretty unusual and hopefully it won't become a major trend as ill be devastated due to it being so special.

If you like it, go for it. It took a little while for hubbys family to get used to it with them trying to encourage us to pick something else but we stuck with it. Your family, friends may be the same but aslong as you and fella like it, that's all the matters xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Well still totally ndecided on the name but we have 4 we like so we will wait until shes born to see what she looks like. Ive got 40 something days after shes born to decide too so thats plenty of time xx

VioletBumBlue
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:26 am 
Post subject:
We did a shortlist of 5 names we liked and decided finally 5 days after he was born. I also wanted a name with meaning behind it. Drake was born in the year of the dragon, my fella is welsh so we have the welsh dragon on the flag and for me there is St George and the dragon. So we looked for a name that meant Dragon and we both just really liked the name. So many people hear Jake tho. Sad

I think Ayame is lovely. If that's what you like go for it. She's your daughter so you get to choose. Very Happy

Angel baby April 2014 :'(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular