housing?

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:37 pm 
Post subject: housing?
hi all,

on the 27th september 2011, we got broken in too, we had a 2 bedroom private flat, i was 33 weeks pregnant with second baby, we had to move back to my fella parents, but there is no room here, we have two adults and two kids in one bedroom, and there is no room, it is a four bedroom parlour type house and everyroom full, we have everything from a 2 bedroom flat all in black bags and boxes in the parlour room, the council have not offered us anything, we both are unemployed, we could not stay at flat because landlord did not put a brand new door on for two weeks, and council does not see us as priority which i do not understand

any advice, please dont just read and run

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm 
Post subject:
If you go housing benefit for a 2 bedroom house before that was private rented then why can't you do the same again ? Like you say the council won't house you but why can't you find somewhere private similar to before ?
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I haven't had any experience of this for a number of years but I think I am right in thinking that unless you are homeless you are not a priority.

Is there a reason that you or your partner are not able to work? Although you would have to start at the bottom of the ladder within a few years you could be earning good money to support your family without needing to rely on the state who are clearly letting you down at present.

Terri xx

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
we was private because my parents paid deposit and first month rent but i have fell out with them, i breastfeed second baby, and fella suffers with anxiety and depression

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
I see you need extra money for private. Is there any charity or anything that could help with that ? Or would the council give a crisis loan or something. I would go to the housing office again and explain the situation again and that you are happy to go in private accomodation but need help with the money. I would also check you are on all the benefits you are entitled to - if your OH is too ill to work then he might be entilited to some disability benefit or other help.
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm 
Post subject:
i have been suffering with really bad back pain for 2 years, and it affects my legs

jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
If you both have medical problems I would keep going back to the social/housing. If either of you could be classed as disabled you might be able to get help or a crisis loan to pay back. Its not an acceptable situation to be living in
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
we have tried everything, but no luck, looks like we going to be living here for ever

MummyFlint
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
i have a very similar situation not so long ago. I had a family support worker write a letter to the council that i applied a house for, stating concerns that ive i wasnt housed, there was concerns over my mental and emotional state of mind. that the crowded environment was a concern for my eldest and that the council needs to help has unnessacry stress is dangerous to my unborn child. she also stated concerns about my relationship, stating that if we were to move to appropiate housing, she was positive both unborn and eldest child will be brought up in a stable, secure house with no undue stress and with two loving parents. one month late we got offered two houses and i got to move in 2 weeks after that Very Happy
bettyjoy
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
hi not sure if it the same where u live but where i live in coventry if u are living in croweded comditions u can get help with your first months rent and bond of the dole or council i found this out the other day as my dad was kicked out by his ex and is stayin in diffrent houses and has been told once he has found a place they will pay the landlord direc the money to move in hope this helps but be carfull as they will only pay upto so much rent
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
bettyjoy wrote:
hi not sure if it the same where u live but where i live in coventry if u are living in croweded comditions u can get help with your first months rent and bond of the dole or council i found this out the other day as my dad was kicked out by his ex and is stayin in diffrent houses and has been told once he has found a place they will pay the landlord direc the money to move in hope this helps but be carfull as they will only pay upto so much rent

Yeah my council offer this, but you have to take a property from one of their 'approved' landlords, which they gave me a list.

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm 
Post subject:
still no luck, our daughter is walking and we scared she going to fall off our bed

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular