Pregnant Teacher

TKG
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:16 pm 
Post subject: Pregnant Teacher
I am going to be a single mom so I must return back to work 6 weeks after my baby is born because my maternity leave is not paid. I am a 3rd grade teacher and my baby is due Sept. 2 and school starts back Sept. 9 which means I will miss the first month and a half of school. I am nervous about not meeting my new students and how they will respond to me when I return back to school. Has anyone else gone through a similar situation? I work in an urban school where it is already difficult enough to gain their respect with the initial meeting so having to come back later kind of scares me. Good advice needed.
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 am 
Post subject:
welcome to askbaby!
sorry, but i havent been in your situation, but i am sure that kids will be fine with you. they are only grade 3 and supposed to be still sweet children (i hope)
besides their new teacher has had a baby and there is a lot of questions they will be asking. take a few pictures of your baby on the first day back at school and pass it around the class so they can all meet your baby. i am sure they will love the interaction from you.
dont stress, what will be will be.
good luck and i am sure you will be a great mom and teacher!
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:00 pm 
Post subject:
Thank You so much, that is great advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular