c-section scar

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:29 pm 
Post subject: c-section scar
I think a stitch has come out (or wasn't stitched in 1st place), it looks like just enough gap for 1 stitch, has anyone else had this?

Got mw coming tomorrow anyway so can show her, but wondered what they'll do, re-stitch or leave it to heal over.

Maybe shouldn;t have been lifting Alex after all Embarassed

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:42 pm 
Post subject:
I had staples, and these were removed after 5 days when I was still in hospital. Is it gaping? Otherwise, in theory, you should be fine

xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
Are they stitching which needs cutting out? Or dissolvable ones?
Your scar should have healed over on that top layer by now, mine looked back together by the end of day 1 :/
Xx
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
there is a hole, just a small one about 2 or 3mm wide and it bleeds slightly (altho very very light).

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
To me that sounds like a possible infection, you should get a doctors appointment and ask for antibiotics. Its nothing terrible, it should heal normally afterwards but a whole just doesn't sound right to me. Are you still under the care of the triage by any chance? I called them up for weeks afterwards asking stupid questions, give them a quick call just in case you need to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Oh and rest Smile xx
Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:38 am 
Post subject:
What did the midwife say hun? I had a small gap in the centre of the scar where it just wouldnt go together and the midwife said I had to get the doctor to give me some anti b's. Like you, I just carried on lifting my hefty lump of a Harry-bo and I dont think it helped but when they are crying and its just you on your own you dont have much choice.

x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular