When did you get a bump?

leanne17
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:03 pm 
Post subject: When did you get a bump?
Hi ladies I'm 13 weeks today but I feel like my belly looks 6 months! There's definitely only one baby but I was a size 16 before I got pregnant, does anyone know if your bigger if itshows quicker because I would have thought it would show slower. Thanks ladies Smile xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hey hun Smile

Many congrats on your pregnancy - I see from your tickers that you have had a very long road to travel first and I hope your pregnancy goes happily and healthily for you this time! Smile

With my first pregnancy I didn't show until nearly 25 weeks and even then I was able to pass it off as 'eating a little too much' until nearly 30 weeks when the shape was too definite, but this time I had a bump really early on - and there was little hiding it! Smile

I don't think your original size makes too much difference to how early you show - I think it is more about whether it is your first pregnancy or not - after the first it seems that your body doesn't 'hold' as well as before - regardless of how far the pregnancy went too - only because a friend has sadly lost 2 babies, one at 8 weeks and one at 10 weeks, and she showed a lot earlier with her third pregnancy than with the other two, and her midwife said it was because she had been pregnant before, even though she hadn't really gotten a bump before

xxx

leanne17
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Hun Smile that could be why, I didn't realise that I was 7 weeks both times previously and this one seems to be sticky Smile thanks Hun that helps lots Smile xxx

ShellyPad79
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
Congrats on your pregnancy!!! Im am 11 and a half weeks and I've have had a definite bump since about 9 weeks. I to was a size 16 before pregnancy I just assumed it was because I was doing less exercise as was at gym 5 days a week and maybe a little bit of overeating. But it is a definite bump.

I suppose everyone is different as a lot of my friends didn't show until about 20 weeks.

xx
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
everyone is totally different. i've been pregnant 5 times and i had defenite bumps at 12 weeks with all mine.
the last pregnancy i looked huge early but then didnt pick up much.
best of luck
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
This is my 3rd baby and already I'm trying to 'squeeze' into my jeans!! I'm 8 weeks! I knew I'd show early with this one tho, with my first I was about 16 weeks, my second I had a definite bump at 10 weeks, and now with this one I haven't got an actual bump yet but it's starting to form and I'm so bloated it makes it look like a bump!!!!

I don't think it matters what size you are either, with my second I was a size 16, but this time I was a size 12,
Enjoy your bump!!!!!!!! Xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular