Blighted ovum at 12 wk scan :-(

Cathymummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:04 pm 
Post subject: Blighted ovum at 12 wk scan :-(
Hi,

I'm a mummy to 2 beautiful boys (2&3) I celebrated my 30th birthday in jan, shortly after I found out I was pregnant with a surprise baby Smile, we were so happy and I felt like it was meant to be. Before I even found out I was pregnant I was having a lot of discomfort, went to the gp's saw fantastic practice nurses who told me I was pregnant, they were concerned about the discomfort but thought it was a uti but to come back if it continued. The next week it was still the same, a real achy feeling that kept me awake, unfortunately I saw my gp, made me feel stupid saying every pregnancy is different that its everything stretching etc and gave me a prescription 4 paracetamol. 3 weeks later, it's still the same and started losing brown blood, again saw gp. He told me a story about his sister in law who gave birth without even knowing she was pregnant! Told me it was all normal and to basically get on with it. Between 9 weeks and 12 I rang midwives, early pregnancy unit and basically spoke to anyone I could about the continued brown bleeding and discomfort. Nobody would listen Sad
I went to my 12 wk scan and all we saw was an empty sac, I knew it, didn't even cry at first, I was just so angry they let me get that far, that nobody would listen. I ended up needing a d&c the following week, a horrific experience due to the incompetence of the staff (I'm a nurse, I know how people should be. Treated)
I immediately felt better physically, no pain and threw myself into enjoying myself until we tried again. However I'm now finding it so hard, it feels like everyone is announcing pregnancies on fb, babies that should have bn when mine was Sad I keep trying to thing of it as never truely beings baby as the cells never formed properly, all I want is to b pregnant again.

I know I'm so lucky already being a mummy and I really try to b positive, just today I'm feeling down

Cathy
Cathymummy
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
I'm pregnant! Very Happy
Off to the GP's on fri to insist on an early scan, fingers crossed!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations and good luck getting the scan xx
ctinso
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:01 am 
Post subject:
congratulations xxx
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
any news , how are things.
i hope congratulations is in order.xx
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
The gp (a different one) was fantastic, really reassured me about this pregnancy, admitted faults had bn made in my care previously but he didn't feel I needed an early scan but put a note on the system saying if I have a bleed or any pain I'm to be referred immediately Smile I did a pregnancy test y'day just for peace of mind and sed I was over 5 weeks pregnant so that's helped. In feeling tootally knackered today and having fun looking after my eldest who has chicken pox, pretty sure the 2nd one will b starting any day, they're driving me mad all being cooped up together!!
So fingers crossed everything's going ok, just can't wait for my 12 week scan!!

michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
So happy for you. I see you are you 8 weeks already. Good luck with this pregnancy . Xx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
So happy for you. I see you are you 8 weeks already. Good luck with this pregnancy . Xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> TTC After Miscarriage All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular