Newbie - Back problems - TENS unit and pregnancy

Tharpc
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject: Newbie - Back problems - TENS unit and pregnancy
Hello! Sorry if someone has asked questions like this before, I tried to do a search and found nothing. My husband and I got married not too long ago and are planning on starting to try to conceive in a couple months (I need to get off some medications first). However, I have a back problem: small herniation at L5-S1 location which pinches the nerve due to SI joint dysfunction causing radiant pain from the back to my toes. I have a SI belt and a TENS unit to help with the pain. I am weening myself off the meds they have me on for the radiant leg pain this past month. I am not able to get into my new OBGYN (just moved to a new area) till October and so I thought I would ask here. Is it safe to use a TENS unit during pregnancy? Has anyone here tried it?
Thank you! Smile
Col
BillJ
AskBaby Team
AskBaby Team
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tharpc,

Welcome to AskBaby.com!

Firstly, never apologise for starting a discussion, it's what we're here for Very Happy Also, don't ever feel bad about 'barging in' on existing discussions!

I've done a little digging and, as with everything on the internet, there are massively mixed reviews about using a TENS maching during pregnancy.

I think the only right answer is to speak to your OBGYN - can you wait? They'll know about the TENS machine and know about YOU too!

In the meantime, I've dug out a previous AskBaby discussion on TENS units during pregnancy for your delight (well, for you to read!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular