something the midwife said

Laurenhoward777
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject: something the midwife said
Hello, Haven't posted in a while. I'm now 40 weeks and 4 days second pregnancy. I went yesterday for my 40 weeks check up and when the midwife felt my tummy she made the comment that she could only feel the bottom of baby's head right at the neck and said how are you not checking your knickers to see if the heads out....(made me laugh) but she didn't explain, I'm guess by the comment baby is extremely low but it made me think how am I still pregnant if she said that???? lol. Could I be dilating with no pain yet?
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:02 am 
Post subject:
I would say it's more that the baby is fully engaged, you can dilate with little or no pain but it's unusual. Did she not do a sweep and tell you about your cervix position and dilation?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am 
Post subject:
My grandmother had a painless labour with her second. She was having a bath one day and randomly got the urge to push with no build up pain or anything, her daughter (my aunt) was born in the bag in the car on the way to hospital Shocked

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
So - I read the original post and though 'that's me!' - my midwife is ringing daily to see if I have had baby yet too as she's amazed given how low baby is that I'm still pregnant too... but I NEVER knew you could have a painless labour and now you have me worried avasmummy! (I laughed too - but I think that was nerves!) Very Happy

How amazing?!?

My midwife has offered me a sweep on Monday if baby still hasn't arrived, but I cannot see how baby will stay in if I sneeze just once in the meanwhile - she is so low and I feel sooooo heavy down below!

Hope your little one comes very soon Lauren and doesn't keep you waiting much longer! Smile xxx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
My MW couldn't believe that I had gone over last time round as she really expected me to go early Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular