how much food?

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 pm 
Post subject: how much food?
I just wondered how much food your babies were eating at around 10/11 months?

Im wondering if I should be trying to get Lily to eat more and breastfeed less!
She will have a feed I'm the morning at around 6am then sleep till 7:30-8
e has half a banana and half a sachet of porridge for breakfast.
Has another feed at around 10:30 and then naps till 1:30 lunch I offer half a sandwich, fruit, yoghurt but she doesn't always seem that interested I'. Lucky if she will it a third of the sandwich
Dinner she will eat what we have I tend to give her parts as finger food and also feed her some chopped up so I know how much she's getting, I would probably say she's eating the equivalent of half of the big jar of food. Sometimes she will take a yoghurt sometimes not.

I'm wondering if I should ve giving her snacks instead of the breast? She's not a particularly big eater, especially compared to some of our friends kids of the same age
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
How many feeds is she having a day? All Baby are different but I think this was the age when George cut himself down from 3 breastfeeds to 2 a day.

He would have a feed when first woke up, then breakfast about an hour later, snack of fruit mid morning, lunch, yogurt mid afternoon and then his tea, then breastfeed before bed.

Make sure you offer plenty of water in case she gets thirsty.
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
She has 3/4 feeds a day at the moment one morning and before bed and one or two through the day, but she's also up in the night I'm exhausted!!
Tbh I want to start weaning her off me if I can so I may offer milk in a cup and see how we get on.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular