wont eat his tea..

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject: wont eat his tea..
For months now we ha've been battling with Lewis to eat his tea.. He mostly eats breakfast and lunch ok but tea time is a daily battle with him... And it doesnt matter what he has no matter whether we know he like it or not... Hes the same whether it's pizza or pasta or roast chicken dinner or sausages.. He seems too distracted and always makes excuses he needs a wee he wants some milk/juice he wants to see whats going on in the other room... He wont stay sat at the table.. Nothing works to make him eat... Ive tried to bribe him. Ive left him to go without ive tried to involve him in preparing tea ive tries to punish him ive tried to praise him for what he does eAt... I'm at the end of my tether and I dont k ow what to do.. Aside from making him a cheese sandwich for his tea (about the only thing I know he will eat) x
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I looked after a little girl who went through this at one stage too. I started making her hot meal at lunch time then doing just as you said and giving her a sandwhich at tea. I know how annoying it is and how hard it is to stay calm. but the more notice you take of this behaviour the worse it will be. Give him whatever he will eat (within reason)for a while til the stage passes and in the meantime avoid any battles and bad association with mealtimes.
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
My mum is a childminder and when Lola started playing up for me, she suggested exactly what 'fe79' says, to give a hot meal for lunch and a sandwich for tea. xx
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
He wont even eat it at lunch time.. The only way k can get him to eat any is to feed him and even then it's more like I'm forcing him.. O tried speaking to my hv but she just thought it might be because of the baby... I really am at the end of my tether with him..
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
When does he eat? And is it by himself or with the family? Lola tends not to eat her tea alone, she'll only finish it when eating with others. Also she tends to get bored eating something she needs cutlery for rather than say sausages and veggie mash xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular