nuisance parents??

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm 
Post subject: nuisance parents??
Tonight was the open evening for parents to go to the infant school my son starts at in September.. To buy uniform and find out more about the school and what they will be doing etc and also which class they were in

I was gutted to see Charlie had been put in the opposite class to his best friend.. Evwn more so as the evening weh on and I found out he was in the class with no-one from his preschool and all his friends were together in the other class...

Usually I keep my mouth shut and hope for the best but all I could think about was how Charlie was going to react to going to a new school in a class without any of his friends and how he would react in himself.. Hes not a confident child unless hes comfortable in the situation and I know how he was the other day when hos best friends wasn't at nursery when he got there (she was late and he cried and cling to my leg)

I cant help but think the school are going to have me pegged as a nuisance parent as we asked them to move him (after asking if there was a reason he had been isolated..).. They have manages to move him and I'm super happy for him but I dont want them to label me as a nuisance... Did I do the right thing or have I made an issue there didnt need to be?? I wouldnt have forgiven myself if I didnt ask...
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:24 am 
Post subject:
You would have thought that there would have been liaisons with the pre school if quite a few of the children are going into their reception class. What reason did they give for putting him in the other class with nobody he knew?
It is important though to have a few friends and not reliant on one special friend. As you saw when his friend wasn't in school that day. When he starts in his new class encourage him to play with lots of children so he forms relationships with others.
There are probably worse parents than you, Very Happy Very Happy . You have your sons best interests at heart. There will be parents who moan about everything. Hope that hasn't come out wrong!!! Very Happy

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:27 am 
Post subject:
He has lots of friends, but all the ones going tp his school are going in the opposite class to the one they put him in.. There was only one other name I recognized on his class list and it was a child I know he doesnt play with.. My theory is that it's such a massive transition from nursery to school that to seperate him from children he knows is going to make it dificult for him and I dont want him to grow up hating school like his dad did...

I also dont want them to look at me as a parent that has issues with everything.. Lol I very very rarely speak uo about anything but I felt so strongly last night...
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:59 am 
Post subject:
I would have done the same haha. Or maybe i would have tightened my fists and mumbled to myself but i would have wished to have the courage to ask haha. Its obviously not a problem if they changed him over so simply x
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 am 
Post subject:
You did the right thing. In high school I was put in a different class to my friends. All three of them were together and ~I wasn't even in the same half year. I was completely gutted!

StaceyRD
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
You're not a nuisance parent at all! Absolutely the right thing, and so glad they've moved things around Smile

Isabelle will be leaving her nursery and starting pre-school in Sept and on her forms it asked if she knows anyone, I would like to hope if I wrote names down they wouldn't ignore me xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:59 am 
Post subject:
We're already nuisance parents!!! I have a list of questions every time Isobel has a parent's evening!!! But your concern was perfectly legitimate and you were right to raise it. As far as I'm concerned, I don't mind being labelled as a nuisance if it means Isobel gets what she needs!!We're going to look round two primary schools in a couple of weeks to see which will suit her best. She goes to pre-school near my work so she won't know anyone at school anyway (not that that bothers her, she buddies up with any child she can find Very Happy ) but she's made such huge developmental strides at pre-school, we want her to carry on loving school! Keep nagging - as a teacher, I'd far rather have a supportive and interested parent than one who didn't pay any attention!
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:54 pm 
Post subject:
Of course you did the right thing. If your Childs nt happy in school then its nt a good start, its your job as a parent to giv him the best you can and that's what you've done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular