I know I keep going on but..

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject: I know I keep going on but..
I still havent decided on a name for this baby. I'm actually getting the point where I'm in tears as I know I'm going to be forced to go for a name im not 100% on.

I'm just so stressed.. What do I tell people when I announce her birth and have no name, or when people come to visit?? I honestly dont know what to do, I know everyone is going to pester me for a name soon as shes born!

Do I just pick any old name and just get used to it? Uugghhhh!!!!

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
Some people take a couple of weeks to name baby, and some name them and change it later too - there is no person who can say you 'have' to have named baby straight away or have a name ready! Don't feel pressured hun - wait til she comes and see what name suits her - the more you panic about it the more you'll feel the pressure and the less happy you'll feel with ALL of the names xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh see OH keeps telling me to not stress out but I just worry about what I will call her when I meet her.. seems a bit odd saying hello baby lol

Also might be embarrassed answering questions as to why I havent got a name yet when people visit.. dont want them all saying "Oh, she looks like a..." that will annoy me I think.. xx

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't let it worry you hun. People will always find a way to annoy you anyway because everyone is different and have different opinions. When I named our son, we had already chosen the name and just only told very close family - hadn't told others... and most people said nothing about his name, a few said how cute it was and did the usual 'will you shorten it to Sam or will it be a Samuel' but a couple of people said 'how weird' because my own name is Samantha... I ignored them or just said 'yes - so now we are two Sams in the house' because he is Samuel and always will be, and that is what we chose. No one has said anything negative since! Smile

If people ask why you haven't named her yet then you can always say 'because we haven't found the perfect name/we would like more time to see what suits her best/we are still choosing between a couple of names' etc - and if they have problem with that then they should be keeping it to themselves Very Happy

Our name for our girly is quite secret - we haven't really told anyone again, but one person we did tell said 'really? its really old fashioned, she'll be picked on' - but again - ignoring them because it's the name WE like - she can go call her own children whatever she wants, but we shall do the same and name ours what WE want because at the end of the day - that's what matters and no one else can tell you what or when you must name your own child Smile xxx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 am 
Post subject:
I wouldnt let it bother you you might decide before you even tell people shes here..

In my experience you might choose the most common name and people will still find something to criticise..

My sister in law had her baby and named her Casey but has spelt it kaci and my mum came to my house saying ohhhh I thought it said kacky I couldnt understand why she would call her kaci.. But she spelt it like that to stick to a k name with 4 letters.. Her son is Kyle and my ohs brother is Karl.. At the end of the day no matter what your reasons for doing so it is your baby and you can call her whatever you want and people should just keep their noses out.. Xx
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Remember you have I think up to 6 weeks to register the baby so plenty of time to choose a name. I reckon you will have one by the time she is a week old. Don't panic as I'm sure you won't be the first to not have a name straight away.
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Don't panic!! We only finally decided a couple of weeks ago and that's with me changing my mind several times. Like others have said, you've got 6 weeks. You need to choose a name that you're happy with - you'll be shouting it for years to come!! Wink My OH and I set ourselves such strict criteria, its ridiculous, I'm amazed we can find any names at all.

It'll come to you - either before she's here or after, it doesn't matter and it isn't really anyone else's business!! My OH and I had a couple of brainstorming sessions where we sat down and went through lots of potentials and this helped eventually!

Good Luck xx
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
Post subject:
We didn't hav a name for ours til they were around a week old.

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Well I stayed up unti 3am last night doing alot of research and brainstorming and I have managed to get it down to two names that I can honestly say I really like.. Im swaying more towards one of them but just curious to see what you ladies think of the two choices.. xx

http://talk.askbaby.com/viewtopic.php?t=141985

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:18 pm 
Post subject:
I had a shortlist and only chose after she was born, I'd try not to worry, a name you love will come!
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Personally I like names that have meaning within them. So maybe you could try and think of something special that you and your husband have in common, or something that you have done, and then just think of a name-word that is related to that. I don't know. Each name has a meaning so find a name that's meaning means something important to you. That's what I would do if I were you. Best of luck!
---------------------
Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular