Almost 3 won't sleep, advice on diet for a hyper toddler?

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject: Almost 3 won't sleep, advice on diet for a hyper toddler?
Hey everyone, well Bella has always had a erratic sleep pattern no matter what sleep method we use or routine she's in she wakes 3-4 times a night and won't go down without an exhausting battle. We feed her normal food for toddlers, fruit, sandwhich, crisps, a little packet of lunchbox biscuits, and no added sugar juice. Now asda do a toddler range of lunchbox stuff which is by Ella's kitchen, and Anabel Karmel, ect ect, so I'm guessing these types are a lot better for her than the asda stuff? I just need help to lower her intake in sugar or salt, maybe it's what's causing her hyper and sleepless behaviour? Also she won't eat cereal with milk so I give her dry Cheerios? Or is there a better cereal to give her with less sugar?

We give her no naps and no direct sweets either (feel dreadful for admitting that)
I want her to just calm down abit I know I won't see a miracle overnight lol xxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. My lo is roughly the same age as yours. He didn't sleep through until he was 2 and half. He is a rubbish eater so I took him to the dr and he said to keep giving him a drink of toddler milk/formula to keep him supplied with vitamins etc. but he said he would eat when he's ready. I suggest you should speak to your dr or health visitor for advice.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 am 
Post subject:
My Hv said half the time the 'toddler' snacks and food, weren't really much better then normal stuff.

I think it is down to the child sometimes as Sam has bicuits, sweets, chocolates (all normal stuff) and sleeps fine. She has moments in the day of being hyper, but thats just her being a normal 3 year old.

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Have you tried giving things cooked from fresh rather than asda, ellas kitchen etc?
Charlie loves pasta, mash, scrambled egg, omelettes. The less processed stuff you give the better. Does she eat fruit?

Charlie is coming up for 4 he's not a great eater so I still give him milk which he loves.

Sweets and stuff are fine in moderatio. Of course, crikey they would live on the stuff if we aallowed it!
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
I think you should prepare meals fresh. All i give Lola from them ranges is snacks, everything else is freshly made. Try yoghurts as an alternative to biscuits, etc. Also I'd poo her down for a nap after dinner, believe it or not it can help them sleep better at night. I don't think i know of a toddler who isn't "hyper"!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular