holding herself down below

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:22 am 
Post subject: holding herself down below
My daughter has been holding herself down below (quite normal for a 3 year old?) but she's been doing it quite a lot lately, so iv just been ignoring it.

Her dad told me yesterday that nursery had sed they were concerned about her holding herself and maybe she's gt a water infection. The childminder was also told the same thing yesterday when she picked her up frm nursery. Her dad also told me that he needs to sign a form at the nursery about the discussion theyv had.

But I really dnt understand what the issue is? Most kids go thru a stage of holding themselves rite?

I really feel like I shud hav a word with the nursery, what do you ladies think?

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:37 am 
Post subject:
When my kids do it I ignore it. I don't think the nursery should really be commenting on it if your daughter is healthy and it's not a water infection or anything like that. I'd be annoyed if my kids nursery was saying something to my child or making out it was wrong to them as that's not the approach I use at all. I wouldn't want them to feel embarrassed by something natural as my Mum used to make me feel that way as a child and I think it's wrong.

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Yer exactly im nt gonna tell her off for doing something that's normal.

I am really annoyed its really bugging me.

They also seem to hav sort of issue with her missing the odd day of nursery but its a private nursery so she can attend weneva?

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject:
Normal to an extent sure it is, however maybe it's something that needs checked? Possibly thrush or a water infection. I would want to rule anything out so I knew that ignoring it was the right thing to do.
Maybe ask if it's sore or Ritchie etc
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:27 am 
Post subject:
I took her to the doctors yesterday to rule out a water infection or thrush. And my daughter has social communication problems, so if you ask her if she's sore you can't get a proper answer.

I spoke with georgias educational psychologist who told me exactly what to say to the nursery. So we hav decided that both at home and at nursery we will ignore the behaviour and if she is holding herself we will giv her a toy to hold.

The ed psychologist told me they shudnt passing messages like that to the childminder as she doesent hav any parental responsibility so in future if they hav any concerns they shid come straight to me.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I dont have any advice about the holding of herself (other than its totally natural and you'd think the nursery would have experienced it loads of time before!) but I spotted yor comment about them not being happy about her missing days......the first nursery I put my LO into had some kind of problem with this as well which I couldn't understand!

Not only did they not like her missing her set days they also werent happy with her being collected earlier than the session ended (it was 1pm that the morning sessions ended and if you collected at say 11am they seemed a bit miffed!). I never understood it as I was paying the full fee? Swiftly pulled her out of the sh*t hole anyway but when I found her new place and asked if it was OK to collect her whenever I wanted they looked really puzzled like why wouldn't it be OK....they couldnt work it out when I told them either!

xx
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yer they hav also made comments to the childminder wen she picks her up half an hour early on a Wednesday and Thursday.

I hav now took her out of the nursery and she's going to the childminders and then in September she's going to school nursery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular