car seats!! front? back? rear/front facing?

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 pm 
Post subject: car seats!! front? back? rear/front facing?
Lola is 15 months and has been in a sitting up car seat for a while now as she's quite tall. (the five point harness ones that you use after the baby one)
I had it rear facing for a while at first but its now front facing. I've recently seen lots of evidence saying other countries believe a child should stay rear facing for as long as possible so the car seat would get the brunt of the force if there was an accident and not their organs. I believe this can be the difference to a child surviving or not and was wondering where does everyone else have their car seats? Front? back? rear/front facing?
Did anyone look into this first? thanks! xx
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
If I could have afforded one I would have bought a Be Safe car seat that are rear facing. Having 2 cars this would have set me back 900!!! I used to work for a company that were behind lots of safety stuff regarding transport and because of this I wanted rear facing. Unfortunately I had to buy because of the costs sears that are rear facing to a certain weight and then forward facing. He always sits in the back too.

I would prefer him to be rear facing
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
ive got 4 kids n a 5 seater car so my eldest is in the front in a forward facing seat next one in the middle in forward facing and the twins in rear facing at each side.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
We have the besafe izi x3 isofix model, it's a wonderful car seat, I felt it was over priced but they all seam to come in around the £300 + mark... However... At a huge 2 yrs old, Xavier is nearly grown out of our seat..we have just had to spend another £300 on a Britax seat... And will be ordering the besafe plus as soon as its released, as it will i hope give us until 4 yrs in the seat... They are so much safer... It was never an option of us not to ERF... It's slowly becoming more popular in the UK... Xx

Xavier lifes pure joy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular