when in cycle to get setrilisation reversal

lisab36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 pm 
Post subject: when in cycle to get setrilisation reversal
I know this may seem a silly questions. I am booking in for the week beginning Monday 16 September due to family commitments and of course finances. The one question i didn't ask my consultant was if i am due my period on the Saturday of that week is this surgery ok then? I would he very grateful for a reply. Thanks newby Lisa
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:00 pm 
Post subject:
I asked my surgeon this question and he said it didnt matter when your cycle was it didnt effect the op in any way Very Happy
lisab36
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Jellybean for the response, and that is good news. I have ask Mr Pickles so many question sbut the truth is I just cant wait to get the op. mid September time. 😊
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Mr Pickles was my surgeon! He is fab! I am now 9 weeks preggie. Another lady I know had her op 3 weeks before mine is due to give birth in one week. Good luck with your procedure. You can also call Mandy his secretary, she is very helpful and is good at answering questions. Very Happy
lisab36
Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
That's great news, congratulations. I am so excited i cant stop thinking of it all
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Personally I'd have it just as your period is finishing around day 5-8 of your cycle if you can, they do flush your tubes during the procedure and if tissue is flushed back up from your womb lining it could interfere with healing or even trigger endo Question , most docs say it doesn't matter if you have your period but just in case I wouldn't have it done then , you can get something called Noresthisterone from your GP , I used it to delay a period before I had a tubal cannulation for exactly the same reason based on my recent cycles I was due on 2 days before, so I delayed the previous period by 3 weeks so I had it about 9 days before and it worked really well .
Knowing what I know now I'd try to conceive the first month , the swelling goes down in about 4-5 days and adhesions etc. won't have had time to form yet .
I didn't think timing was important and had mine about 5 days after ovulation which meant it was 3 1/2 weeks until I next ovulated, for me this made all the difference Sad as in that time I got an adhesion that I found out later had pulled the tube away from the ovary so it couldn't grab the eggs, I had the adhesion removed but by then my tube was scarred Rolling Eyes I never even thought about adhesions and scarring as my doc glossed over them but knowing what I do now that they form within 2-3 weeks if they're going to form I'd have the op about a week before ov and really give it a good try that first month Smile Good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular