Babys temp and ear infection

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:38 pm 
Post subject: Babys temp and ear infection
Travis developed a temp yesterday afternoon of 38.7 and was all docile so i took hom straight to the docs who discoveres an ear infection and gave me antibiotics and said keep him dosed up nurofen and calpol which i havw done.

He is the same today....acting very strange. Hardly had any of his bottles and now 30 mins after nurofen and calpol his temp is 39.1! Do i phone the emergency doc?

The doc did say it took take 48 hours for the ab's to kick in but i really dont like this constant increasing temp? Any advice? p.s i only have him in a nappy and vest to keep as cool as poss even tried a really cool bath xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:58 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my little girl had a virus a few months ago and the doctor fobbed her off. I ignored them and took her to a%e to be told her body was shutting down.
Long story short, if you aren't happy, take your little one straight to a&e, mum knows best! xx
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

We had this a few months ago with my lo. Her temp kept increasing over a period of 48 hours, calpol & ibuprofen were not bringing it down. We took her a&e to be on the safe side. They monitored her over a period of 4 hours, they gave more painkillers based on her weight. Temp came down a bit slightly and they said it was a virus.

If you have any doubt, take him to a&e, better to put your mind at rest. Hope your lo is better soon x
Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. After 30 mins of screaming his temp came down to 37.5 so will keep a very close eye on him tonight and if no improvement tomorrow i will take him to the emergency docs xxz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular