advice please

lisab36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject: advice please
I am going for my tubal reversal in September so was recommended to take raspberry and red clover tea. I have been taking it for a few months and my very regular 28 day cycle is now two days late. My question is does anyone know of any reasons these teas may affect my cycle?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:55 am 
Post subject:
Some herbals can give you a longer luteal phase ? That's generally a good thing though Smile I've taken red clover as its supposed to be a really good uterine tonic ,great for detoxing and is supposed to help with blocked tubes ( I only have one tube since my reversal and that's blocked) never really noticed any change in cycle from it but I only took it before ov each month Question
Red Raspberry leaf if that's whats in your tea is high in iron and can help with lining issues so maybe between the two they're having some beneficial effect, do you know what cycle day you ov on ?
Just asking because with your cycle being longer it could be one of two reasons, either its taken longer to ov this month so the first parts longer , which can be due to anything from stress to something your taking like the herbals , it shouldn't affect pregnancy chances anyway if you were already TTC, or it could be the time after ov and your AF is longer which is almost always a good thing as it can mean you have good progesterone levels Smile If you've been feeling stressed about the reversal though it could have just made you ov later Smile
Have you been taking a good conception multi vit ? It might be worth both you and your partner taking one as they can take up to 3 months to work properly Smile
After your reversal you might find your cycle changes anyway as the increase in blood flow to the ovaries can sort of wake them up. some women find they feel very hormonal the first couple of cycles and suddenly start to get all sort of symptoms they never had before , Good luck for September xx
lisab36
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am 
Post subject:
I did notice last month my period was not so heavy but did not even think of it being to do with the tea. I have been so worried about loosing weight since i book the reversal. We have been taking the vitamins and been eating healthier for two months now. I have increased my exercise too. I do need to claim down and relax about it all i suppose as i am not doing myself any favours. I think i will relax today, stick to the diet and exercise and look forward to the op with less worry. I didn't know i would be this obsessed about getting everything right. Thank you for your response it gives me a better idea of what's going on.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject:
I was the same to be honest, I also lost weight before mine and upped the exercise etc. but I do think it helps to be relaxed too, I wasn't at all Laughing i'm a bit of a control freak though Embarassed Laughing but stress isn't good for TTC and it can have a knock on effect on your hormones so the less stress the better Smile x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular