Total Votes : 5
Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Age gap between babies??
Hi ladies,

Long time no speak! Haven't been on here much since lo has been born as been enjoying him too much hehe. I have recently become broody again for my 2nd child & was wondering what you ladies thought about age gaps between children?? Jacob is going to be 1 on sunday & I was thinking about maybe ttc within the next couple months so he would be at least 2 2/12 if & when I do conceive. Is that age gap realistic between babies?

Any advice would be awesome Smile xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm 
Post subject:
There is roughly about 19 months between my boys and I sometimes think that I should have waited until Harry was a little older only due to the fact that I feel that the last year has passed in such a blur.

I wouldnt change either of them for the world though and Harry is completely in love with Ryley kissing him before bed and hugging him throughout the day.

If you feel ready for another one hun then I would say go for it x

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply. We worked out that if we start trying now & conceive in the next few months my ds will be at least 21 months when lo arrives so not too bad I don't think Smile Think I'm going to go with my gut. I know will be a big adjustment but would love another baby & would be good for my ds to have a playmate Smile xx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi Becky Smile i had my older 3 very close together,when Ellie was born i had 3 children under 5 Shocked it was hard work but so much fun,they all played together and were very close (different now they are teenagers Laughing )

We had always wanted 2 babies after my reversal so thought if we were lucky enough we would have them close together,if you are ready then i think you should just go for it,it prob wont be as hard as you think,although Jacob will still be little he will be doing so much more by then,look how quickly our little ones have grown already!

Happy birthday to Jacob for sunday,hope he has a lovely day Very Happy
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Thats reassuring to hear mand Very Happy Dan & I always said we wanted them near together so they had something in common Smile I know it will be hard work but will be so worth it Smile To see Jacob bonding with his little brother or sister will be magic Smile

They have all grown up so quick its scary really!! Jacob is changing everyday bless him. Cheers Mand Smile Am wrapping his gifts tomorrow then Dan is getting all the food Fri ready for sat's BBQ then gonna take Jacob to Birmingham Sea Life for his actual birthday Sunday Very Happy

After you have had the twins is this the end for you or will you want anymore in the future?? Or am I asking a daft question lol xx

Cathymummy
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:37 pm 
Post subject:
15 months between my two and I love it Smile I got nervous as all my friends were having trouble ttc no. 2 and ended up having bigger gaps than they would have liked. I read somewhere that they recommend before the eldest child is 2 as they can accept new baby or after 3 so they understand and accept new baby (just what I read not my personal opinion,) Smile

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
DO IT!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Laughing If you both feel ready them why not... Xxx

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Haha @ gem!! :p!! We had a chat last night & have decided that we are gonna go for it Smile I have already stopped taking the pill as due my af so just won't bother going back on it. & I have to say we are very excited now at the thought of having another baby now hehe. Xxx

Thanks cathy Smile I had also heard that having them closer together before 3 was easier because of jealousy. Think I would rather deal with potty training than having a jealous baby & least they will have more in common the closer together they are Smile

Thanks for all your comments ladies Very Happy bring on the future hehe xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Yaaaaaaaayy!! How exciting!! Keep me informed! Really hope it doesnt take you long!! Very excited for you all.. Im always on facebook too if you need to chat Very Happy Xxx

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:10 pm 
Post subject:
Cheers Hun Smile am really excited for you as well mate!! Very exciting times ahead & not long for you either mate until you can get down to business Wink haha. I hope it doesn't take you too long either!! I suppose the key is to not too stress out about it too much & enjoy it Smile. It will be different this time as we have a child now so the pressure is off Smile If you need to chat then I'm on the book too Very Happy xxx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah its definately different this time because before all that was in my head was 'what if i cant have a baby' so now we. Just go with the flow Smile if i get pregnant b4 xmas then thats a bonus but if not least i can have a drink this yr havent had 1 since before kacie was born!! Laughing Xx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:40 am 
Post subject:
Def no more babies for me! Am thinking of asking if they will sterilise me again when i have the twins,i will be having a section so cant see why not,i think 6 is enough!

OOO exciting times Becky and Gem,we could all be pregnant at the same time again! xx Smile
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 am 
Post subject:
How are things Mand Very Happy wow 12 weeks already, are you getting a bump yet ? 6 isn't that many Laughing I'm sure they would sterilise you again, but to be honest even though it would mean another op I'd still wait a while and not rush into it during the section hun as you never know Wink , i'm sure the thought of having a toddler and twins is enough to put anyone off the thought of more babies Shocked Laughing but a lot of docs don't recommend making the decision while pregnant as you're more likely to regret it later , are you going to find out the sexes of these two ? Any thoughts one way or the other ? xx
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 am 
Post subject:
I'm more than certain 6 is enough Nat Laughing

My bump is huuuuge! I look about 6 months Shocked

I was sure that they are boys,but as the weeks have gone on im not so sure now,ive got stupid spots on my face and my hair is a wreck again just like it was with the girls so am confused now,we said no to finding out as they are the last,but we have a scan on tues so who knows!

Hope everything is well with you? xx
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
A bump?! I thought she was carrying 3!! Laughing very neat bump though!! Too cute!
Hope you are well Mand hun.. Cant wait to be pregnant again! Very Happy Xxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular