returning to work

mm13
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 pm 
Post subject: returning to work
I'll be returning to work after maternity soon and my employer wants me to take a pay cut when working same hours and having same position. He says he can't afford me. However I would be only person having a pay cut.What to do?
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
If you are in the UK I would speak to ACAS they have a website.
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
I'm pretty sure they can't do that, defo ACAS and/or citizens advice x

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:20 am 
Post subject:
They don't have to give you the same job but do have to pay you the same. IM thinking hes hoping you'll accept it for fear of losing your job altogether because lets face it, he has no leg to stand on if he was to let you go because he cant afford you as it will instantly be seen as (ive forgotten the word for it but in sure you catch my drift) xx
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:43 am 
Post subject:
hayley2903 wrote:
They don't have to give you the same job but do have to pay you the same. IM thinking hes hoping you'll accept it for fear of losing your job altogether because lets face it, he has no leg to stand on if he was to let you go because he cant afford you as it will instantly be seen as (ive forgotten the word for it but in sure you catch my drift) xx

I agree. He is just trying to see if he can get away with paying you less to do the same amount of work. Pretty unfair if you ask me, and you should make sure you let him know what you think about it. Best of luck!
-------------------------------------------------------
Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular