So Excited, I love decorating!

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject: So Excited, I love decorating!
I am so excited!!!!
It is Belles Birthday in a few weeks and as the new baby is coming (and I spent so bloody long painting the nursery) Belle is moving into a new bedroom and as her Bday prezzie we are giving her her new special princess bedroom (that may sound a bit cheap but she is so excited about it!) So after all of the rubbish jobs, clearing the room, coving, skirting boards blah blah blah, I finally get to do all of the fun girly stuff to make it special!

So ignoring all doctors orders of taking it easy, not sitting on the floor etc for my SPD I have been having so much fun decorating!

Heres some pic so far, I have to show someone, Belle isn't allowed to see until the big reveal on her bday!.

The little fairy with blonde hair is my daughter Belle!

We are going to film her reaction when she first sees it, I am more excited than her!! Laughing

lysianassa
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
Wow! Can you come round and do my baby's nursery?

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
If that could be my job I would LOVE it! I am regretting it a little bit now because I feel like a cripple! Rolling Eyes
I only enjoy doing the kiddies rooms, I find the rest of the house boring.

The nursery is an under the sea nursery, I loved doing it when I was pregnant last time, but its a bit harder this time with a toddler stood on the other side of the door shouting 'MUMMY ARE YOU WORKING ON MY SUPER SPECIAL SURPRISE?!?!?!?!' Laughing

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
Awwww its lovely! Is the tree a wall sticker? I did one of owls on a tree for my baby's room and nearly gave up at one point!!! It was tricky but turned out well in the end.

Smile

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
lysianassa
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 pm 
Post subject:
Please please PLEASE come and do mine. I want a mermaid theme for Naia's room and an under the sea theme for Sebastian's room so you'd know what you're doing (see the pleading and flattery I've added in here Wink Laughing )

DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
Aw WOW!! That looks amazing Thumbs up xx
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Post subject:
She will love it!x
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Lovely hun, i really love wall art, noah has a tree in his with birds and tractors etc looks lovely. Love your painting of belle

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:33 am 
Post subject:
That is actually amazing. You SHOULD do that as a job!

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:53 am 
Post subject:
OMG did you paint all those little princess/fairy characters yourself? They're brilliant!!

You should be making money out of it hun, the room looks fab!

Out of interest tho, did you make the trees yourself or are they transfers? I've been looking for something like this for a while myself!

We're moving our LO into her proper big girls room while were off over Xmas, its all pink and girly and we havent let her see it til she moves in either so I cant wait to see her reaction (and get the bloody thing finished ha!).

xx
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am 
Post subject:
Thanks! I don't think I could make a lot of money out of it as I am the slowest worker EVER! Laughing Rolling Eyes

The fairies are being painted by me, but the trees were brought as big sticker sheets, I got some from Zulily and some from ebay, the blossom tree was only about £4 and I think it looks so pretty! I think the wall stickers you can get now are amazing and then I add my own touches.

I'm really glad we have waited until now to do it for her because she is just so excited, she is the girlies girl ever and all she ever wants is princess' and fairies and castles etc Rolling Eyes

My Hubby didn't like me taking all of the glory so he has brought a plain solid door and then cut out a little door in the bottom middle of the door, I will then paint it to look like a little wooden door with flowers around it etc, so she has her own secret door to her room! I thought it was such a cute and brilliant idea by hubby. . . . however he did suggest that we screw the large door shut so the small door was the only way to get it Question Rolling Eyes
I can really see me crawling through with a hoover to clean it!! MEN!!

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
WOW!! You have done a fab job! I love it! Very Happy Belle is one very lucky girly and im sure she will absolutely love it! You should definately do this for a living Very Happy xx
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm 
Post subject:
wannaBmummy wrote:

My Hubby didn't like me taking all of the glory so he has brought a plain solid door and then cut out a little door in the bottom middle of the door, I will then paint it to look like a little wooden door with flowers around it etc, so she has her own secret door to her room! I thought it was such a cute and brilliant idea by hubby. . . . however he did suggest that we screw the large door shut so the small door was the only way to get it Question Rolling Eyes
I can really see me crawling through with a hoover to clean it!! MEN!!

OMG I love this idea, my LO would LOVE this!!!! I'm sorry but I think I'm stealing this idea....do I owe you or your OH any kind of royalties Laughing Laughing

xx
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
Isn't it cool?!? I just brought a special glass doorknob to go on her secret door, I WANT THIS BLOODY BEDROOM!

Im sure hubby will be fine with starting a miniature door trend lol!

stewartlaura67
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
That's incredible! Did you hand paint all those? I'm very impressed and your daughter will be thrilled. I don't even think I could find a wallpaper print half as nice as that paint job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular