Toddler with diahrrea and low creatinine blood levels?

hellokitty876
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject: Toddler with diahrrea and low creatinine blood levels?
My daughter is 15 months old, and she has had diarrhea and very loose stools for going on over two months now. Her stools have also had a horrible odor that in my opinion smells like sewage gas..it's horrible. We have been seeing a doctor over this issue for the past few weeks. We have had a stool sample to check for c-diff which came back negative, and just recently a food allergy panel. According to the results only 12 things were tested, and all those were fine. The also checked other things such as glucose, potassium, creatinine, and several others. All were normal accept the creatinine. It was low. The doctor who initially requested these tests is on vacation, and I was told it could be one day next week or so before we can continue with investigating the cause of her bowels. So basically, we have an appt with a much better doctor on friday that I will be taking copies of these results too.

She hasn't had any other symptoms other than occasional projectile vomiting of her morning bottle. I am worried about this diarrhea and the fact it has gone on for so long. Her dr also put her on probiotics which has only helped with the smell some.

Has anybody else experienced any of this with their kids? I am looking for any insight that other parents might have on this. I am at a loss, and I am also wondering if anybody here knows what it means to have a low blood creatinine level? Thanks so much for any help, suggestions, just anything at all that might help me figure out the cause!
thatonethere
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi I can sympathise - my son had diarrhoea for 3 years, they said it was infantile diarrhoea which then was diagnosed as IBS, he's wheat intolerant and sensitive to all fruit, try cutting fruit out for a couple of days and see what happens - replace with an extra portion of veg at tea time and some raisins instead of eating oranges / citrus or watery fruit and just see if it changes at all. Hi stool was horrendous too, very smelly, and full of mucus totally horrible!

Hope you get sorted soon x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular