Insanity workout?

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject: Insanity workout?
Hello all... I was just wondering if anyone had done that insanity work out? Im going to be starting it tomorrow and apparently its really hard! Just wondered if anyone had any reviews on it? Thanks Very Happy Very Happy Xx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm 
Post subject:
I use to use myfitnesspal and loads of people did insanity, I remember people raving about it! It is hard but the results are amazing!
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Ive been watching videos on youtube and the results do look amazing!!
Cant wait to start it and get fit and healthy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks for your reply too i will have a look on myfitnesspal as ive got that so maybe they will have more info on it =)
Xxx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:23 am 
Post subject:
MFP - MyFitnessPal is great. I also use it. Good luck!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:42 am 
Post subject:
I've heard it's seriously hard even from people I know who do a lot of exercise. Would you not think about the 30 day shred first so you don't get put off by the intensity right away?

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Whats that della? Never heard of that one Xx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
30day shred is good, it's a short high intensity workout DVD by Gillian Michaels.
There's three levels you spend 10 days on each level.
If you use weights you can make the workout harder! I did this one and lost quite a few inches
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:13 am 
Post subject:
She also have a few other DVD's out, I got a box set on amazon with 4 in including the 30 day shred which was practically the same price as the 30 day shred on its own, the others are longer and more intense(although its in cicuits so you can just pick the bits you want to do ) but you can work your way up and its a mix of cardio with light weights and floor work , between that, some HIIT on the treadmill (HIIT is a killer but at least its short Laughing ) my cross trainer and a low GI food plan I've lost 18lbs in 3 months Very Happy
I'd just be careful of jumping into something really high intensity and maybe risking an injury it sounds like this insanity might be a form of HIIT so in theory you should see good results, but the before and after pics i'm not really buying not just from exercise alone even burning a 1,000 cals a day with that if you ate around 2,000 cals a day you'd only lose 2lbs of fat a week max ( a deficit of 3,500 cals a week is needed to lose approx. 1lb of fat) so the results they're saying are happening in 8 weeks on the website/TV ads are unrealistic Question xx
xxVictoriaxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:21 am 
Post subject:
My friend is doing insanity, she started with 30 day shred. She said insanity is very much like 30ds but just much faster & more intense Surprised
I'm starting 30ds again today after losing 2.5 stone (massive help using myfitness pal!), I'm ready to seriously tone up now!
Good luck!
x

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Well I have ordered the 30 day shred and going to do the insanity in the mean time its very tough! Smile Xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
It's really good and you feel very energetic after it. I have the DVD but you can get the 30 day shred videos on youtube too I think.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Ive ordered the one with different workouts on including the 30 day shred, i watched a video on youtube and looks like my sort of thing..so really looking forward to it coming now =D
Gees! With insanity it makes me wanna pass out afterwards not energentic haha!! Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular