my 4 year old

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:08 pm 
Post subject: my 4 year old
Doesn't want to go to school...

He's said it a few times before but I thought it was just him being silly...

When we went to the parents evening and got his uniform we made a bit of a fuss about which class he was in (I posted about it before)

Aanyway the next day I tried to get him to try on his school jumper and he screamed the house down that he didn't want to go to school....

Today is his taster session in his class... Most of his friends went last week but there are 2 he knows there today.... And he screamed soooo bad when o left him... It really broke my heart... I don't know how to bring him around to the idea that he has to go to school... He seemed fine when I was talking to him about it... He knew I had to leave him but he wanted me to stay.. He was pushing to get out of the class and follow me home.. Sad

Don't know what to do for him Sad
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
Awww bless him! Don't try to worry too much it's normal when changes are happening. You are doing great with reassuring him and being positive. He will settle eventually and usually most children stop crying as soon as you've gone.
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
Have you tried one of the books that tells a story about someone starting school?

Also is there any friend/relative he looks up to at school age that could tell him how fab it is and the sort of things he does.

Some children are very unsettled with starting school and the teachers are well accustomed to this, try having a word with the school and see if there is anything they can do to help the transition.

Good luck. xxx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
My brother and sister are at the same school and he has friends there that are excited to go I can't get an answer out of him of why he doesn't want to go and he told his dad he liked it??? I don't know... I'm going to have a word at nursery tomorrow I think xx
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm 
Post subject:
RachN3Babies wrote:
My brother and sister are at the same school and he has friends there that are excited to go I can't get an answer out of him of why he doesn't want to go and he told his dad he liked it??? I don't know... I'm going to have a word at nursery tomorrow I think xx

Maybe he just going through an insecure stage, they apparantly go through lots of them, hopefully once the time comes after a bit of a bumpy start you'll probably find he cries if he has to come home (or lets hope so). xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular