Feel like I'm Losing my mind!

VictoriaDH
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:20 pm 
Post subject: Feel like I'm Losing my mind!
Ladies, please help me decide if I'm going mad or could be pregnant...

I thought I might be in dec/January time but dr was worried about an ectopic. I had a scan which showed no cysts, no pregnancy, and 'mid cycle' uterine walls. I should have been at the end of my cycle.

I had no period until 3 days of spotting in April (I have pcos).

Again I thought I might be pregnant in may. Taken a tonne of tests since then (most recent ten days ago) including cheapos and clear blue digitals. They were all negative save for a couple of cheapies I took at the end of may which I thought had a very VERY faint line. When the clear blue said no I decided it was my eyes!

I still think I'm pregnant. No period since April. That's not normal for me, even with the PCOS, I'm on metformin and my cycle is usually 35 days.

Thing is, I've been feeling what I could swear are kicks. Last few weeks have had 'bubbles' which I dismissed as bowel movements (I have gastroparesis also). But this weeks I've been feeling faint but defo there what feels like kicks to me!!! (Am mum of 1 20 month lg).

What do I do? I've been thinking about going to the dr and asking for an ultrasound or similar. But I'm holding back. Part of me is worried they'll scoff and it'll be embarrassing when it turns out I'm not pregnant. Part of me is thinking ill be really disappointed if I'm not and its all wishful thinking and just another new tummy symptom!

It really really feels like kicks though ... Sad

Ps I'd be very happy to be pregnant, and we have been trying but my GP is not very supportive of another pregnancy due to the gastroparesis so I'm a little nervous to go to her and say I think I'm pregnant and get the third degree again! (Did at Christmas)
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Just in case anyone does comment... I'm off to see the nurse in a minute, to get her opinion! Will hopefully find out one way or the other...!!
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
Nurse sent me to the dr. He was really dismissive and said if I'd done tests and they were negative there's no way I'm pregnant. Cos that's never happened to anyone has it!!
So he did a pregnancy test, which was negative. Then he felt my stomach and said he couldn't feel anything (I've got a decent tummy on me at the mo from last pregnancy). He's sent me for some blood tests to check for HCG so I guess I'll know for sure then (that's next Wednesday). I felt really embarrassed. He actually said "you've been under a lot of stress recently. It's possible you've got it into your head that you can feel movement"... So apparently it's all in my head.
I can still feel movement. There's nothing he could explain it with. He said I've probably hot wind. Wind feels nothing at all like a baby moving.

I feel like I'm going mad!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
Your not mad at all and sometimes women have been pregnant and still got negatives on tests, there actually something called the hook effect that means if you test later on in a pregnancy you can get a false neg because there's too much HCG , I only tested at 13 +3 last time though and my test worked fine so not sure if it would kick in this early , presuming you'd be about 12-13 weeks, based on that as well it's unlikely you'd be feeling much if anything as far as kicks go but when I discovered I was pregnant I had no idea when it happened but the GP could feel my womb on examination so sent me for a dating scan the same day and I was 13 +4 so chances are the doc would have felt something if you were around the 13 week mark Question
I suppose its a case of waiting for the bloods now to see what they say. I know I sometimes get a weird bubbly sort of feeling very low down that feels like a baby's early kicking which I presumed was maybe fluid in my bladder Question and also something like a sort of twitching in there that you can feel on the outside as well Shocked but I know i'm not pregnant , If only Rolling Eyes Sad
I don't think you're imagining the movement but if you're hoping to be pregnant then maybe the tendency is to hope everything might be pregnancy related when it has a simple explanation instead, I know in the 2 week wait I can convince myself that the heartburn from eating spicy food must mean i'm pregnant, or that my feeling tired is nothing to do with having a late night but is a pregnancy symptom Rolling Eyes
If missing periods isn't normal for you on the metformin and it turns out you're not pregnant then maybe the doc will suggest looking at your meds again to see if something needs changing, Good luck with the bloods x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular