Referal for IVF/St Judes - Any info please!!!

charleelou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:54 am 
Post subject: Referal for IVF/St Judes - Any info please!!!
Hi Ladies

I have been a member for around 3 years but havent been on here for a good 12-18 months because i needed to have some time off thinking & talking about it all the time, I was making myself worse!

Long story short, Me & OH have been TTC for 3 and a half years with no sucess. I have Endometriosos and its me that is the problem. After the last 2 & half years of laparoscopys, blood tests and been told to try every medication under the sun (3 times over) and rapidly loosing hope nothing would ever happen or we would never get anywhere we FINALLY got referred to the fertility clinic yesterday for IVF. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I cant stop smiling!! I burst out crying in the Dr's room!! Embarassed

We know our referal will be to St Judes and we qualify for NHS funding, we are only 27 & 28, neither had previous children etc,

What i need to know is whats the process now? The Dr just said wait for a letter? How long will that take? Will that just to advise of the funding or will it be the appointment aswell? How long should we expect to wait for our 1st appointment and what will that consist of? Whats the average time from referal to actual treatment? What can we expect to feel like? Emotionally & phycially?

Sorry for the bomard of questions but its taken us to long (or what feels like it - I know people have waited much longer!) for us to get here its like as though its just hit me!!

Good luck to you all and thank you so much for any information!!! xxx
femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:45 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I just replied to your last message and only just saw this one. Given that you live in England, I'd assume you would only need to wait a few months for treatment (18 weeks) as I read that England has an 18 week referral to treatment rule out (Scotland has as well except Fertility isn't covered under it there)

Jump to:  

Community

Popular