LH during IVF Stimulation Phase

TTC1stbaby
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:14 pm 
Post subject: LH during IVF Stimulation Phase
I am starting stimulation phase next week for my second IVF attempt. Last time I was prescribed menopur. This cycle my dr isn't prescribing it or anything in its place for me. I asked the nurse what the menopur was for and she said it was for LH levels. Anyone know why they might not use it this cycle. I have PCOS and have not ovulated on my own for years, if ever.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Im puzzled, have you down regulated? Are you still injecting ? (I was on suprecur to down reg and stayed on it whilst stimming too) I dont understand how youre going to get any eggs growing if you arent doing stims? :/
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
I am down on meds. I start injecting a week from today. I am taking follistim, ganerilix and a Lupron trigger shot (24-36 hrs before my egg retrieval), I took those last cycle with Menopur but for some reason I am not doing the menopur this cycle or any medicine to replace the menopur. I am a bit confused. The dr said I responded beautifully last cycle but he couldn't get to the right ovary last time. He got ten eggs from my left ovary, 9 fertilized but only one was good enough to freeze and two were transferred. I just want to make sure I am doing everything to get good eggs.[/url]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Never done IVF myself but when I was looking into it I did a lot of research, basically you don't need high LH levels for IVF, It's FSH that's the hormone that triggers follicle growth, follistim is a purified form of FSH made from the urine of post menopausal women (nice Shocked Laughing )
The role of LH is to trigger ovulation when it surges this is replaced with the trigger shot which is normally HCG (purely because it does the same job as they are very similar but is cheaper and easier to produce than artificial LH )But in your case they're going for Lupron which triggers the pituitary gland to release LH in the same way as with a normal cycle .
Maybe last cycle with the menopur your LH levels were getting too high Question That's not good as the last thing you want to do is trigger natural ov before egg collection, I know on some of the US forums I read where they seem a bit obsessed with knowing their levels for everything Laughing that some women had their menopur reduced or stopped for exactly that reason , if you're worried though I'd try and get hold of someone for a proper explanation of why they think this combo is best for you, Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular