Nightmare day...

ShellyPad79
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject: Nightmare day...
Hi Ladies,

I am on my first day of my 2 weeks off work and planned a lovely day baby shopping and getting ideas for the bigger purchases with the hubby. But unfortunately I woke this morning and had some brown discharge when I wiped so I panicked and called the midwife. Coz I'm over 14 weeks I couldn't go to Early pregnancy unit and told to call hospital day unit. Called day unit who said I wasn't far enough gone to go into them and to call my GP. Called GP and got an appt for the afternoon but if got worse or starting getting pains to go to A&E.

Over the day it got lighter but was getting the odd mild period pain quite low down. Went to the GP which was a complete waste of time all he did was take my blood pressure and explained that if i was miscarrying it would be something that was just going to happen and nothing they could do (Very insensitive & not appropriate)

So came home and chilled on the sofa watching films all afternoon trying not to worry, but so hard to do you automatically think the worst. The only thing I can but this down to is having such a busy weekend and being on the go with hardly any rest.

Anyone else had any discharge at 14/15 weeks and everything been ok??? If it happens again i'm going straight to A&E the midwives and doctors are a complete waste of time and just dont have any compassion.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
3girliesandababyboy
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
Awwww hun, i dont really have any advise as my m/c's were 10, 5 and 6 wks so i went to my epu but i'm sure i've read of loads of ladies on here having some bleeding through pregnancy and everything being ok.
If you are still worried tomorrow i would definatly go to A&E as i'm sure considering how far along you are that they would scan you.
I've got everything crossed for you, take it easy and rest lots x

m/c May 2012
m/c September 2012
m/c October 2012
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:27 pm 
Post subject:
My SIL had a bleed around the same stage. She was seen straight away for a scan. For her there was a blood sac or something in the uterus and they put it down to this. She now has a gorgeous girl. It could be down to any reason but I think your doctor wasn't at all helpful.

Hope you are ok
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 am 
Post subject:
You can go to the early pregnancy unit up until 17 weeks. I have had brown discharge on and off since 5 weeks preggie. There is a bleed in my womb and they are hoping it will resolve itself and has nothing to do with the baby. I also have an erosion on my cervix. which also contributes to the discharge. Again I have been told not to worry. Easier said than done. xx
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
I had a lot of cramps and some red then brown discharge at 13 weeks, nobody wanted to see me as my 12 week scan was fine and said to just wait and see. It went within 24 hours and Im the end we paid for a private scan as i was so worried but everything was fine. Brown is old blood that your body is getting rid of, you might find it was about time your period would have been due or your body is growing and moving a lot inside and has dislodged some old tissue. Hope it goes away and you're both fine, try and have a lot of rest today x
ShellyPad79
Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, well I had more brown discharge this morning & more cramping so decided to go to A&E. After 4 hours and six people later they did a scan and all is fine!!! Baby was really active, heartbeat was fine and a lot bigger than two weeks ago!!!

So much happier now just got to learn to take it easy. The midwife explained in our hospital they don't have a place for ladies between 14 & 20 weeks pregnant apart from A&E which is absolutely ridiculous because they didn't have a clue what to do and just past me over to maternity anyway. Anyway all is fine and that's what matters

Very Happy Very Happy
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aww, glad all is ok xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular