hello :)

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject: hello :)
Not sure if i know anyone in here, i spent ALOT of time on ab when i was pregnant with Elijah (3 years ago) so some names might be familiar . . .
Me and oh are talking seriously about ttc number two now. It seems so much harder to decide this time! Last time we were really just so lucky and it happened straight away, didn't know anything about ovulation, charts etc so this time it seems really different.
I purpose the advice Im looking for is how do i not get my hopes up straight away?! Even though i know its unlikely, i know part of me is expecting it to happen straight away.
I've lost 2.5stone to help (and to try and avoid pe if we are lucky) so we are excited but Im very poor at Fecking with disappointment Smile

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and give a wee bit of background Smile hello everyone!
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 pm 
Post subject:
Welcome back and good luck Very Happy Id advise starting a multi vitamin , tesco do 3 a pregnancy/conception vitamin that's what I took. My advice is to try and not involve ovulation tests etc for as long as you can as they can sometimes stress you out even more.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck hun. Only way not to think about anything is to distract yourself with something else so maybe do that. xx
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies Smile Ahh good vitamin tip nutty, was looking at pregnacare - forgot how blooming expensive it is!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:29 am 
Post subject:
Asda and Tesco both do there own brand pregnancy vits asda's are normally on a 3 for £10 and Tesco's are often on the buy 3 for the price of 2 Smile I'd get your OH some as well as it takes good quality sperm as well to make a baby Wink Laughing
I don't think you can avoid getting your hopes up Rolling Eyes Laughing
I've got pregnant twice the fist month of trying in the past, no timing anything, no idea about ovulation etc. just came off the pill and 4 weeks later got that positive test Shocked the second time I took for granted it would happen and it did so this time even though it was after a sterilisation reversal I still thought it would happen the first month Embarassed Laughing
I was very obsessive about it this time and timed everything, had OPK's ready for the first month, did BBT charting from even before we started to try, had the pregnancy tests in ready ( and used them from about 10 DPO every month too Embarassed Laughing ), even wrote notes about symptoms I had Embarassed Laughing and drove myself totally nuts.
I now really think the more relaxed you can be the better Smile As it seems that the ladies who didn't do any of that certainly in the reversals section anyway actually got pregnant the fastest Shocked Question
As far as the disappointment goes I suppose you just have to remind yourself that the odds are about 1 in 5 on any given month that you will get pregnant so there's only about a 20% chance of it happening the first month, so if it doesn't it doesn't mean you did anything wrong it's just down to luck and it just means you get to enjoy trying again the next month Smile Good luck xx
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Trying not to think about something you are thinking about is actually properly impossible!

Ah its good to read it can happen more than once, but yeah i think ignorance probably was bliss! I suppose planning is probably putting a bit of pressure on yourself even if it doesn't feel that way. Im a slightly power crazed planner anyway so i am forcing myself to steer clear of ovulation kits etc i will make myself enjoy the ride! Possibly!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
mariandelijah wrote:
Trying not to think about something you are thinking about is actually properly impossible!

I agree, so rather than doing that, try TO think about something else rather than trying NOT TO think about ttc.
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:17 am 
Post subject:
Laughing I know what you mean I'm a total control freak who has to plan everything Embarassed Laughing and stopping using the OPK's and the BBT was hard work, at one point I had a cbfm as well but was still doing OPK's and BBT Shocked Embarassed Laughing
I think it's maybe easier to put off starting all that stuff rather than start it and try and stop if it's making you obsess Question Laughing Hopefully it will just happen for you first time around again this time Smile x
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hahaha hopefully Im already pg and i can go back to just obsessing about that instead Very Happy
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:21 am 
Post subject:
good luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular