Pregnancy tests...

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 pm 
Post subject: Pregnancy tests...
Heey ladies just thought i would let you all know that asda (maybe just the small stores not too sure) have got pregnancy tests on cheap! Pack of two for just £1!! They arent the sticks its one with the windows..
Smile Xxx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Shame i dont need them! But i love those tests! Picked up my bpf 4 days before af was due on an asda test! Are you going to stock up gem?! xx
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks! I'll be sure to stock up on them! Xx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
You welcome =D yeah might get a dew packs at tht price!! Dont thinnk im going to test each month though..
Gotta wait for af to come first Sad xx

Beckylouisexx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
Cheers Gem, I think I might go get a few Smile I have brought some of the cheapie pregnancy tests off ebay as well as I loved watching the line get darker when I became pregnant with Jacob Laughing Laughing xx

mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:32 am 
Post subject:
You are so good not to test every month gem! My pee on a stick addicition was the ovulation tests Laughing
I also got a faint bfp 4 days before af on a £1 shop test which are 3 in a box for £1,it was when i saw it come up on there that i went and got an asda test!

FX you dont have to wait too long for af to arrive,my sister had the implant removed,the first month nothing,the next month she had spotting then the next month a bfp and she had been on depo for a couple of years. xx
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 am 
Post subject:
My oldest daughter swears by those pound shop tests Mand Laughing got all her BFP's first on those , I'm thinking of starting a hate campaign against HPT's cos mine are always negatives Rolling Eyes Laughing How are you Hun ?, can't believe you're almost 15 weeks Shocked seems to be going so quick (for me anyway Wink sure its not so quick for you Smile )Oooh you could have a gender scan soon if you cave and decide you want to know Laughing
I know my FIL's wife decided not to find out with her identicals but she was in some trial for the 3d/4d scan thing at Liverpool womens and was having fortnightly scans and because of the level of detail on the scans she couldn't help but see she was having little girls Rolling Eyes Laughing so you might have to ask for a warning from the sonographer before she goes near the girl/boy bits Laughing xx
Hope you manage to stick to not testing Gem, I'm with Mand on that one I had an ov test addiction and then I'd use them before AF was due as well and if there was even a hint of a line it gave me an excuse to get some HPT's Embarassed Laughing Good luck trying, if your AF doesn't show and you test and get negatives then agnus castus can be good for kick starting an AF after birth control Question so can something called Dong quai but you have to be sure you're not pregnant if you try that as its quite strong and will start AF even if you are xx
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nat Smile I'm ok thankyou,had a bit of a wobble at the weekend,well when i say wobble i mean meltdown Crying or Very sad I am soooo anxious about these baby's,i know the hospital have to inform you of all the risks and they have put in place a good care plan for me but i have been worrying day and night about them,my last scan showed that they were doing really well but as they share a placenta they are at risk of twin to twin transfusion,just the label of a high risk pregnancy has been really hard to deal with and i was at times trying not to even think about being pregnant but then would feel guilty that i was thinking like that,anyway it came to a head on sat and i broke down in front of my oh and just blurted everything out.
i do feel better now ive shared my worrys with him and am in a better mind set,we have scans booked for 2 week intervals and my next one is next week,i was adament that i wouldnt find out the gender but i think to be sensible to find out,ive got a heap of mias clothes that are in storage box's which i keep looking at wondering what to do with them so i think i will ask next week so i can start to get organised and am hoping in doing that it might focus my mind a bit more and i wont worry (as much!)

How are things with you? did you have a nice holiday? XX
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am 
Post subject:
Yeah the holiday was fantastic so relaxing Very Happy already looking at booking again for next Easter Laughing
Aww try not to worry too much Hun, my FIL's twins shared a placenta but had separate sacs and that's one of the reasons she had 2 weekly scans but they were fine only about a lb difference in their weights, she went into labour at 35 weeks and they were born very quickly, a natural birth too even though a section had been talked about but the twins had other ideas Laughing they were almost 4lbs and almost 5lbs and never even went to special care, just had heated cots in the room she was in and were out of hospital in no time Smile even at 33 weeks and with an infection my youngest was only in for 2 weeks so even though I know it's very hard thinking of them coming early and being little so I can understand why you'd want to block it all out, these days with steroids and the fantastic care available it's not as scary as it sounds and like you say they're keeping a close eye on you so if ones does fall behind they can step in straight away Smile are the babies in separate sacs then ?

I know what you mean about the high risk label I had that with the placenta praevia and they do have to give you the worst case scenario which can be pretty scary Sad , but it doesn't mean it will happen to you.
My OH always says prefer for the worst but hope for the best Smile (he's an annoying git at times Rolling Eyes Laughing ) but I sort of agree with him on that one ( for once ), if it's out of your hands then all you can do is have faith in the docs and hope for the best Smile

It does make sense really I suppose to find out the sex of the babies with there being two to buy for and it can help sometimes to know what you're having and pick names etc. makes it all seem a bit more real Smile Are you going on maternity leave early this time then ? It must be hard work at the moment with Mia and work and being pregnant with twins xxx
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:31 am 
Post subject:
No they are in seperate sacs nat,from what i can gather on my notes and when the consultant came in and checked the scan there is one mebrane seperating them? And at the mw yesterday she read my notes and said they are seperate and she picked up one heartbeat on one side of my bump and the other on the other side,had my bump measured and its 21 weeks!

I've got an app with the cons on tues so am going to go armed with all these niggly questions that i have got and then a scan on wednesday so fx everything is all ok and i can relax a bit more! xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular