children desperate for drink constantly!

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject: children desperate for drink constantly!
Are anyones children like this?
Lola was very poorly in hospital back in February... she had a virus which meant she couldnt keep anything down and after some bad advice from her doctor i rushed her to hospital and turns out her body was shutting down. She's fine now, was very dehydrated due to the virus though.

I unsure whether she's understood this (she was almost 1) and now drinks for this reason or whether she genuinely is very thirsty or another reason.
She has had tests and all is clear? :/ But its the waking in the night and constant desperation for juice that worries me!! thank you xx
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:12 am 
Post subject:
I think I'd take her back to the GP excessive thirst can be a symptom of diabetes and a few other illnesses, you can actually drink too much and it can be bad for you and it puts a strain on your kidneys so if you do think she's drinking far more than she needs I'd definitely get her seen again .
It could well be more psychological if she was very thirsty when she was ill so it might just be a matter of distracting her when she asks for a drink to try and draw the time out between drinks but I'd definitely get her checked out again first just to make sure especially if she's actually waking at night to drink xx
hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Yes this is what first popped into my partners head but she has been tested for diabetes. Now you mention her kidneys though you've reminded me i also have a bicornuate uterus which can affect the kidneys kidneys and there are a few in my family . . .think I'll push for a scan to see where we're up to, thanks! Xxd

Jump to:  

Community

Popular