Am I just going mad? please help

adalina
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:22 am 
Post subject: Am I just going mad? please help
Hi everyone
I have not been here in such a long time..after being told that my partner on has 5% normal sperm and that it would cost over £5000 ( in which we don`t have ) we decided to give up trying for a baby..it was a tough decision but but it was taking over our lifes.
Well aunt flo never came this month and in fact I am two weeks late with all the symptoms of pregnancy,sore boobs,feeling sick,bloating and niggly pains and feeling tired and emotional.I tested two days after missed period than again 3 days after and my final test was this morning but they are all negative Sad Ive used two of lloyds tests and one cheapo...could it be I am pregnant but tests are not showing up or that I am just late and going mad and making these symptoms happen?
thank you for listening
ps its 3 years this weeks since I lost my baby bean so if I am not then mother nature is cruel xxxx
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:
You're certainly in with a chance with 5%. Are your cycles regular every other month? Do you track ov at all? Could be that you ov'd late this month. If it's very unusual I would go to the doctors and ask for a blood test.

Fingers crossed for you, and keep us updated. xx

adalina
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi Heath,I don`t track anymore because we gave up trying after being told we will not get pregnant so unsure if it was late ovulation but I am never late for AF in fact always two days early :/ Just before I was due i had some dizzy spells and I wanted to go to bed early which is unlike me,then came the sicky feeling and heavy bloating feeling...I just feel so pregnant...I also feel like i am going mad and that its all to good to be true.trying not to get my hopes up.
adalina
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 am 
Post subject:
And thank you sweetheart xxx
Bobski1980
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
I would go to the gp huni, he can do another test but also check your bloods for pregnancy and also to make sure all is well. Bloating and nausea could be symptoms of something else but the gp can rule this out for you. Fingers crossed you have been blessed with a baked bean. I have heard of pregnancy tests coming up negative if the mother has low levels of HCG. These also drop further into pregnancy so even when your blooming the tests will be negative x

adalina
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Bobski, I will get an appointment this week with my GP
I think I am just scared that its all to good to be true and I will get my aunt flo even though I am showing signs of pregnancy,Its been a tough 4 years and not sure I could go through anymore heartbreak,this week will already be tough for me.
Will keep you updated x
KathG
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
keeping my fingers crossed for you. It all sounds very promising - I don't know why you were told you cant fall pregnant naturally. If he has 5% normal sperm surely it must be possible (it only takes one, as I am sure you know). Dr aren't always right. If you period is late and you are having symptoms it has to be a possibility. That said these days home pregnancy tests are very accurate so I cant think why it would still be negative if you are now two weeks late. Hope you get your BFP, always seems so unfair that some people miss the pill once and get it ends in an unwanted pregnancy and other try for years and don't. We had to try for a while for our LO and I know the feeling of the anxiety, stress and pain of hoping to be pregnant and not sure if your are or not. Keep us up to date, hope its your turn for a BFP.

[/url]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:26 am 
Post subject:
Home tests now are pretty sensitive but that's not really the same as accurate or reliable just because every womans body is different in the amounts of HCG it produces and also in the amount it secretes in the urine, some women don't secrete any in their urine and need bloods done to confirm a pregnancy or they produce a lot of the early form of HCG which home tests aren't always good at picking up and then there's the Hook effect where very high levels overwhelm the test and it will show negative which is what can happen in later pregnancy, so there's a few reasons why a home test might not give a positive when you are pregnant, but it could just be that you ov'd much later this cycle than you thought as well so even if you are pregnant it still might be a little early for it to show on a test Question
5% normal sperm is still a lot of normal sperm if you go off the figures which I'm struggling to get exact numbers of million per ejaculation on but am getting figures of anything from 40 million to 400 million with about 250 million in a teaspoon full Shocked so even 5 % of the lowest figure is 2 million sperm Shocked Smile each time you BD, so the odds seem fairly good that at some point one of those sperm will reach the egg Smile
Even with a reduced sperm count the numbers could still be into the hundreds of thousands each time, and the chances and if you conceived before then the odds are in your favour that you will again, even couples with "normal" fertility can struggle if they get the timing wrong as you don't have very long each month to catch that egg . It can be very hard not to let it take over your life and sometimes people who have been trying find out they're pregnant just when they stop so maybe there's something to be said for not trying anymore. I know how hard that is though to truly actually give up on the idea as I was told last year I wouldn't be able to conceive again without IVF but I still struggle accepting that and get my hopes up every month Rolling Eyes but if you do still want a baby but can't afford IVF then maybe even something as simple as using the cheap OPK's each month to make sure you don't miss ov could give you your best chance Question Good luck with the bloods xx
adalina
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for taking time out to help me. Its been a very long road and I know most of you know how I am feeling as you are going through it also.
I used to log down temps,use ov tests and of course we were also under fertility clinic.They gave me clomid for 6 months in hope that I would fall pregnant,they said it was a better chance of at least one normal sperm reaching an egg but that did not work so we were told ICSI was the only answer and at my age we only had a slim chance it would work..we could not afford it so all treatment ended Sad we did go for special circumstances were they fund icsi because I was ignored by doctors when I asked several times to be referred to fertility clinic but again we got turned down.Its been so emotional and stressful that as soon as the doc told us we would not have a baby we gave up.I am really hoping and praying I get my BFP and that our dream will come true but I am so scared in case I lose it if I am. I have had cramps since just before I was due AF,you know like that cramping heavy feeling before she arrives and its not eased off at all so not sure if thats a good or bad sign. I am waffling on here lol
thank you again sweeties xxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:07 pm 
Post subject:
If you are pregnant then cramping is perfectly normal even in the very early days as your womb starts to swell it can be as bad or even worse than period cramps and a lot of women think their AF is going to show because of it or thinking its a m/c if they've already tested and then they have an early scan and everything is fine.
There a Lady in the IVF section who just got her BFP as she was about to start IVF, they'd been told her hubby they wouldn't conceive without it due to sperm issues and then her hubby was put on HCG injections by his doc and they got a BFP Smile Might be worth a look into as it has to be cheaper than IVF/ICSI. Fingers crossed it's good news at the docs xx
adalina
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you hun
I have been worrying about the cramps thinking its either AF coming or MC like you said so that has put my mind at rest for now.
Ive never heard of those injections,not even our fertility doc mentioned them :O Hmm if I am not pregnant I think I will look into that xx
adalina
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
Also sorry that you have gone through all you have,I know the heartbreak you are going through and really hope it happens for you xx
adalina
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone
Well I spoke to my doctor today and to be honest he does not seem interested and in fact dismissed the fact that I could be pregnant but he did say for me to ring back in the morning and he would arrange a blood test.I also did another test today and again its negative Sad Still have signs that I am but now starting to think my mind is playing tricks on me and that me being mega tired is down to this weather we are having xxx
adalina
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:39 pm 
Post subject: update!
Hi everyone
just an update from me
Well I went back to the Drs today as I still have not had AF,boobs are still sore,and heavy feeling has not subsided also still feeling sick.Well she told me that seeing as I tested already and it was a neg then I am not pregnant neither will it be a cyst..she just said it will be a missed period.I told her that I know of people that have had negs whilst being pregnant but she not in so many words told me I was wrong and that its impossible to be pregnant and get a negative result..made me feel rather stupid to be honest and of course I am upset..however I did ask for a blood test to be done just to put my mind as ease.I know that the docs not right on the tests because whilst at weight watchers on thurdays my leader told me that she had 4 home tests and 2 drs test plus a blood test to see if she was expecting and all were negative,it was not until she went for a scan that she found out she was having twins.
sorry to baffle on ive no one else to talk to.
blessings to you all xxxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:09 pm 
Post subject:
Did you get the form for a blood test? If not I'd see another Doctor. xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular