NHS waiting list - Please answer!!

charleelou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject: NHS waiting list - Please answer!!
Hi Everyone

I have posted last week about St Judes in Wolverhampton with no response so i assume theres not anyone going through there at the moment.

If no one has had treatment at St Judes please can you advise in general how long your wait has been through the NHS and any other information would be great!

Thanks Ladies x
femsmurf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hello, I think the wait really depends on where you live. For me and DH, we were told it would be 22 months from GP referral. We just completed the waiting time and reached the top last month and are currently waiting on a letter from them to confirm it as they do names at end of each month. I live in Scotland though and I know Scotland has a postcode lottery regarding waiting times and no of cycles allowed but in England the wait is a matter of weeks rather than months or years but each area has it's own criteria regarding no of cycles they'll offer and some have different age criteria but, I know in England I read they have an 18 weeks from referral to treatment thing.(Unless they have changed the rules that is) They have this 18 weeks to treatment in Scotland too but fertility stuff does not come under it like it does in England. Hope you don't have too long to wait.
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you so much for your response. I have seen the 18 weeks information on the Internet but always wonder how accurate it is. It's taken us 3 years to get referred so hopefully not much longer!!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
If you go to the clinic's web page and fill in a contact form they should advise you (hfea website will say a time but advise to contact the clinic to be sure).

As femsmurf said, it varies greatly throughout the country. Bourn Hall in Cambridge have a 6-8 week wait for a seminar then your 1st appointment is 2 weeks after that which is drastically different to femsmurf's wait of 22 months.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular