Really short af?

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:05 pm 
Post subject: Really short af?
Hi everyone,decided to come off pill and start trying for no.2 at the end of may. No luck so far but I have noticed that my af is so short now? Only lasted like 2 days this cycle? Anyone else got this?

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:50 am 
Post subject:
Funnily enough I did a post yesterday in the reversal section about this as mine this cycle was one day Shocked and not even a full day at that, I haven't just come off the pill in fact I haven't been on contraception for about 11 1/2 yrs Laughing , but I did take some Noresthisterone the month before last which is like a super high dose of the mini pill(progesterone) to change my AF to avoid it during my holiday and then took stuff last month to give my oestrogen a boost as well and I suspect it's down to that as I've had short-ish AF's in the past after taking certain things.
I think it could well be a mild hormone imbalance that causes it, and I've tipped mine too far towards oestrogen Question
When you come off the pill it can take a few months for your body to get into it's own natural rhythm and it could be slightly low progesterone (or too high oestrogen which can have the same effect )

Anyway Agnus castus is supposed to be great for supporting progesterone levels and taking vit B6 alongside a vit B complex (which is in most multi vits ) helps with lining quality.
When I've looked up short AF's though everywhere seems to say 2 days or so is fine as long as it's full flow it's more the amount that counts rather than how long it lasts Question but that was for women who've always been like that, if it suddenly gets shorter or much lighter then a little extra help with kick starting your progesterone might get it back to normal Smile xx
ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that reply, as much as I dont like af, it just didnt feel normal for it to be over so soon. Will invest in some multi vits actually and who knows, im hoping i wont get many more of them for a while anyway Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular