Pregnancy Pillows...

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject: Pregnancy Pillows...
Hi Ladies, at the moment I'm using 2 pillows between my legs and I hug and tuck one under my bump, this is awkward when turning over and I'm starting to get pain in my side/chest probably from constantly sleeping on my side (its like a stitch)

Have any of you used a pregnancy pillow? Are they any good, any brands/types to avoid/buy? I have seen 2 in argos, one is straight and thick, the other is almost like a snake and can curl around the body but is thinner...

Any suggestions/experiences gratefully received xxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:18 am 
Post subject:
I shall keep an eye on this post because Ive started getting getting pains in the side of my bum and thighs, I sleep on my side too. I have to keep alternating sides throughout the night as the pain gradually builds so I switch to ease it then it builds on the other side, so its a vicious cycle of turning . Its disturbing my sleep.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 pm 
Post subject:
I'm thinking the thicker pillow will be good for me, I am a big fidget in bed and usually sleep on my tummy which is obviously out of the question now! I also keep ending up on my back and waking up because I cant breathe Laughing

With the thicker pillow I can turn over whilst holding it so no adjustments needed Wink Although I think I will need to put something behind me to prop me up Laughing xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
I got one of those curved sitting up in bed V type pillows which I used to support my bump I found that a really good shape for side sleeping and I used it for breastfeeding afterwards as well Smile much cheaper than either than the pregnancy pillows too, and then I just had a normal one that I put between my knees but that was a normal sized German one and they are big square things about twice the size of UK pillows Laughing I found the V shaped one good for behind my shoulders close to the end when I had to sleep sort of half sat up because of the heartburn too Rolling Eyes Laughing You can get the V shaped ones from £7 up to about £15 so you could get two for the price of the pregnancy ones xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
I used this :

http://www.mothercare.com/Dreamgenii-Pregnancy-And-Feeding-Support-Pillow/933928,default,pd.html#q=Dreamgenii

It helped me a lot but is pricey and I used it after having my baby
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
I found the pain was just from the pressure and however much i changed the thickness, etc it didn't change! I did end up sleeping half sat up propped up on pillows with a pillow between my legs and a blanket under my bump!
xx
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am 
Post subject:
I got the thick one from Argos when pregnant with Charlie, it made a massive difference for me, I could almost sleep on my front as well so long as I was rolling into the pillow.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
I got a five foot one from pregnancy pillow .co.UK i think it was.
It was the BEST thing i ever bought, used to sleep with it under bump, between knees, to support lower back etc and slept much better.
After eli was born i used it to support my lumber area and wrapped it round to support my elbow while bf, to keep baby safe in our bed then to support him learning to sit. Will be the first thing i buy next time, couldn't recommend it highly enough Smile
mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Ps a v shape on didn't work for me, not long or flexible enough
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:26 pm 
Post subject:
Wow thanks for all the advice ladies Very Happy I have seen this pillow:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PILLOW-PLEASURE-MATERNITY-SUPPORT-COTTON/dp/B004T31A8U

Which, I'm not going to lie, has me somewhat excited!!! The pregnancypillow website is fab mariandelijah, thank you, do you know which is the 5ft one that you bought?

Kell83, is the thick one from Argos just 2 pillows lengthways in an extra long pillow case?

I have heard of the dreamgenii pillows and the reviews are brilliant, but I'm not convinced its thick enough...? Do you think Mothercare would mind me trying them out in store... Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing xxx

poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmm, Also found this one too....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221228986179?var=520145843662&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I like the idea that I can turn over without have to re-adjust half a dozen pillows which is what I'm doing atm. A U shaped one would allow me to do that especially as I need the back support to now Very Happy xxx

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry i can't link on my phone :/ but if you search 'body pillow' on the pregnancy pillow site its the second result (body and baby support pillow). I used to hug it, hold it between my knees and roll Haha it was very dignified Smile
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
I swore by my mothercare pg pillow and would not be without it! I suffered with spd from early on and a normal pillow and v pillow did not cut it.for me! Xx

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
I have this one:
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Sleep-Plus-Body-Pillow/381676,default,pd.html
I only used a wedge cushion the first pregnancy but this time splashed out on this pillow. The leg part is great but the overall length is not long enough for me as I am 5 foot 10 tall. If I move the leg cushion further up so the head part is in the right place for me then my ankles hurt lol!!! I know it's early to be using a cushion for me but I had terrible sleep from early on in my last pregnancy so just wanted to be comfortable this time however as my back has now started hurting I don't think it will be long before I get the airbed out again!!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular