I'm new & have a Q..

LittleThings
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject: I'm new & have a Q..
Firstly, hi everyone!!

So, my periods are irreg atm so I have no idea when I'm due af, but I do know the date I last dtd. I'm not ttc but not opposed even though I have 2 children already (1&3). Me & hubby dtd on 18th June, I was wondering when I can test? I'm the type of person who gets symptoms pretty quickly, yey me, not and I have a lot of the same ones I had with my other 2, which aren't af symptoms. I took a cb digi this morning and it was neg but I think I'm too early. How to know when to test though??

Look forward to your replies !

Thanks,
Jessica
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jessica and welcome to Askbaby Smile

Id say seeing as its been 15 days since you dtd a home pregnancy test would be accurate from now. Its worth noting that clear blue digitals aren't as sensitive as some other tests Id personally try a first response early response if that's negative Id say you are probably not unless you have dtd since that date it may still be to early, but of course this all depends on whether youve ovulated yet in this cycle.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Most manufacturers say test 19 days after the last time you had sex to confirm it (or not ), purely because sperm can live for 5 days or so (even up to 7 in optimal conditions) so it's possible to actually ovulate and conceive even as much as 5 days to a week after you had sex so the 19 days takes that into account as well , if you did conceive 5 days later then you'd be about 10 DPO and a digi test might not pick anything up , but a more sensitive one might , if you do test again over the next few days and still no positive then I'd say you can be sure you're not pregnant this time, Good luck xx
LittleThings
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:21 pm 
Post subject:
I searched the NHS site which said 21 days after dtd so that'd make 9th July (tues). If I work with a regular cycle of 28 days, which I don't have, then I'd be due af in 2 days, making me 12dpo, maybe if I leave it till next fri then ill know for sure?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular