Health visitors

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject: Health visitors
Ok I am really confused. I had my health visitor come round when Emily was 13 days old which was the first visit from her. She was very pleased about how I was coping (she observed me with the girls as health visitors do) and she applauded my knowledge on breastfeeding and babywearing. When she left I asked when the next visit will be. she said after assessing my needs she was satisfied that she wouldn't be visiting again as she said I am coping well. I have just got an answer message to say she is coming tomorrow.. does this mean something is wrong?? I'm really worried as to why shes visiting. Anyone else know what it could be? xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
I doubt it's cos your doing something wrong.. My health visitor came back a week later and then a fortnight after that and ask I go to clinic occasionally or if there's a problem.. Smile
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Maybe she forgot to do something last time she was there?
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Did she have the heel prick test done last visit? She may be bringing you the results . . . xx
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
The midwufe did the heel prick test when she was 5 days old. I'm only confused because she said I wont be seeing her again and if I have any problems to call her. oh well I guess I will find out tomorrow what she wants xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 am 
Post subject:
How did you get on? xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh went ok, it was all over the fact I had an eating disorder years ago and I didn't mention it in the last visit (I forgot it was that long ago)

But in all honesty I don't see why she needed to come round for that.. I'm hardly stick thin Rolling Eyes

I don't actually know why she came round.. she didn't ask me if I still had an eating disorder just interrogated me as to why I didn't tell her about it.. I didn't realise you have to tell them your whole life story!?

How are things with you heath? How's abigail? madness to think they are all over a month old pretty much. Emily will be a month old on Sunday! Its going far too quick. I want another one Laughing xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
Aww glad it went ok. Things are going fine, although she cries a lot! I know babies generally do, but sometimes she's just inconsolable and I hate not knowing what's wrong. It could be the heat although OH thinks she's teething already as shes chewing her fist and drooling s lot.

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular