Need advice!

Ellie1605
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:20 pm 
Post subject: Need advice!
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm worried about my little one he is 11 months old and is always having extemely loose bowel movements - sometimes up to 3 times a day. I have taken him to our doctor who said it was just his age (this was a few months back) but he hasn't ever had a solid bowl movement. He eats extremely well and is generally a very healthy baby but we don't think this is normal. He also seems very thirsty all the time as soon as I make him a drink he downs the whole bottle and wants more! He's only recently cut his first tooth but before that he wasn't teething and still had the same problem. Please help!
KathG
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
If you are still not sure go back to your DR or health visitor and get a second opinion. If his poo is loose he will be losing extra water in it (and if he is having three a day then that would explain the thirst). We are all different and if he has always had three poos a day but is gaining weight and is happy within himself then personally I don't think I would be worried. My LO is a lot older (he will be two in dec) and has only recently had proper solid poos, is he still eating lots of mushy foods? Maybe once he is a bit older and eating more solid foods the poos will in turn firm up a bit. Or is it worse when he eats a certain thing was just thinking maybe a mild food allergy could be giving him a little bit the runs?? Go back to your Gp and explain all your concerns but sure he will be fine. good luck xxx

[/url]
Bobski1980
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
My boy has always had mushy poos, if he has a hard stool I know he's dehydrated and needs more water. He's 16 months now and I think it is normal for them to have loos poos. But I agree go back to the gp if your still worried, you can ask to see a different one for a second opinion x

Ellie1605
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your responses Smile I have organised a gp appointment and one with the health visitor for a second opinion - they have proven to be a bit more helpful in the past! Yes he is still on jars but the 10 months + ones which are slightly more solid and he eats some solid food. I have tried cutting out certain foods to see if he is intolerant to certain things but still had the same problem. But your responses have made me feel better about it Smile
tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Try giving him some bananas and hard boiled eggs, both are known to have a 'bunging' effect and consequentially can make poos firmer (we had the opposite problem with out 1st son).

How long have you been weaning? at 10 months I'd expect him to be on more chunkier food, so food just diced, there are lots of things in jars that MIGHT cause him issues, also my SIL with her 2nd baby found that organic jar'd food had this effect on her baby, so maybe try a different brand.

AllyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I realise you posted this a while ago now but my 2 year old is exactly the same, has never done a solid poo. Our GP referred him to a dietician and he has been diagnosed with toddler diarrhoea. Have you seen your GP yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular