confused now,,, any advice ??

helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject: confused now,,, any advice ??
hi ladies,
my cycles are roughly 27 days , this cycle was the 1st ive been using OPK'S..i got my surge on CD17 and CD18 (morning only).. im due af today but got a BFN when i tested this morning, but really im only 9/10 roughly DPO would this still be too early to test ?? Confused still no AF...x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
If you ot your surge on day 17/18, and are only 9/10 DPO you wont be due af for another 4-5 days.

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 pm 
Post subject:
Probably too early maybe even if you are using early response - i would hang on a few days and test again as some calculators make my cycle 27 and some 28 which alters things by a couple of days - even to get that average you might have longer cycles here and there (typically this month might be one) so could also be that. I read 10dpo is the absolute minimum for most tests and 15 is average for bpf
well that was a bit of a ramble lol all Im saying is, hang on a bit Smile
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 pm 
Post subject:
steph181 wrote:
If you ot your surge on day 17/18, and are only 9/10 DPO you wont be due af for another 4-5 days.

my cycles are always 26/27 days as i keep note and have never been more or less than them 2 so i am due af today.. Smile x

Last edited by helenm73 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
mariandelijah wrote:
Probably too early maybe even if you are using early response - i would hang on a few days and test again as some calculators make my cycle 27 and some 28 which alters things by a couple of days - even to get that average you might have longer cycles here and there (typically this month might be one) so could also be that. I read 10dpo is the absolute minimum for most tests and 15 is average for bpf
well that was a bit of a ramble lol all Im saying is, hang on a bit Smile

thank you for reply, i defo ovulated alot later that what i thought i did,perhaps i ov late every month im not sure as this is the 1st month using opks.if my af doesnt come on day 26 its always here on day 27..x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:37 am 
Post subject:
Stephs right you shouldn't be due AF yet at 9/10DPO Question If you get your surge late then AF will also be late as your luteal phase tends to stay the same, even if you've always had very regular cycles they can change and often do when you first start TTC, as just the testing and watching and waiting for ov to happen can be enough to delay it Rolling Eyes Laughing either way even if AF was due today and you only have a 10 day luteal phase normally the tests saying you can test the day of your missed AF is based on a "normal" luteal phase of 14 days so they actually mean you can test at 15 DPO so 9/10 DPO would be very early based on that Smile .
If your AF arrives on day 26 normally then that is a 25 day cycle, you count from the first day of one period to the day before the next one, otherwise you'll be counting the same day in 2 separate cycles, if it turns out that you do always ov as late as cd17/18 then with a 25/26 day cycle you have a short luteal phase and it might be worth trying something to get it a bit longer Question , but I know some women on other forums with 9 day luteal phases who have conceived and didn't get a pos on a test until 4-5 days after they expected AF but knew they must be pregnant as they never had such long luteal phases normally Laughing
Based on you having that earlier stronger test though and then them fading out and then coming up pos when they did this month I wonder if maybe your body tried to ov but it didn't happen and then tried again on cd17/18 and actually managed it that time Question in which case you might find that if the witch actually shows it will be in another 4-5 days, hopefully you'll get a BFP instead though xx
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:24 am 
Post subject:
thank you for ur comment, yeah its a 26/27 day cycle i have..i count CD1 when i start AF and it ends the day before i start again..last 3 periods started on 2nd may, 28th may, 24th june, we are ttc baby number 5 so not had any problems with luteal phase before in any pregnancy...x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 am 
Post subject:
You wouldn't necessarily know though Helen if you've never used OPK's before Question even a 8 or 9 day luteal phase doesn't necessarily cause issues as some fertilised eggs implant early, as early as 5DPO even, it's only an issue if AF arrives before a fertilised egg gets a chance to implant which you might never even realise had happened as then you wouldn't be pregnant (if that makes any sense Question Laughing )
It could be you always get your surge on cd17/18 even on months you didn't test but then again it could well have been delayed this month Question
If you still had a pos OPK on cd18 though you might not have even ov'd until cd19 Question so however long your luteal phase is normally you still would be very very unlikely to get a pos pregnancy test on cd 26 or 27 as Mari said the earliest is normally 9/10 DPO and for a lot of women it's more like 12-14 DPO x
helenm73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
You wouldn't necessarily know though Helen if you've never used OPK's before Question even a 8 or 9 day luteal phase doesn't necessarily cause issues as some fertilised eggs implant early, as early as 5DPO even, it's only an issue if AF arrives before a fertilised egg gets a chance to implant which you might never even realise had happened as then you wouldn't be pregnant (if that makes any sense Question Laughing )
It could be you always get your surge on cd17/18 even on months you didn't test but then again it could well have been delayed this month Question
If you still had a pos OPK on cd18 though you might not have even ov'd until cd19 Question so however long your luteal phase is normally you still would be very very unlikely to get a pos pregnancy test on cd 26 or 27 as Mari said the earliest is normally 9/10 DPO and for a lot of women it's more like 12-14 DPO x

lol thanks Smile this is all very confusing haha, but yeah i get what you mean.., i was away on CD16 so i didnt do a OPK test Sad i did get a positive on CD17 twice and a positive on CD18 but morning only, line was much lighter later in the day..
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
I know I think I liked it better before I knew what was happening with my body Rolling Eyes Laughing I only ever used OPK's etc. when trying this time and honestly sometimes i'm sure I ended up ov'ing late because I would get so stressed that the lines weren't dark enough yet Embarassed Laughing I went from a regular as clockwork 30/31 day cycle to anything from 26 days one month to 36 days another Shocked Laughing
Pretty much all sites agree that you ov after the OPK's start to fade though,so it's the last pos that counts more than the first one, they just don't agree on how soon after Rolling Eyes Laughing so it could be the same day or the day after or the day after that but at least you know to expect AF some time in the next few days and once you have had an AF after using OPK's then it gives you a very good idea as to how long your luteal phase is Smile xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular