Teething from 6 weeks???

caz007
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject: Teething from 6 weeks???
Hi ladies, my 6 week old baby is very grisly at the moment (not just at night)dribbling loads and keeps sticking her fist in her mouth and chewing. Her gums look and feel quite bumpy so me and hubby think she is starting to teeth. However the doctor said its too early and they don't start until about 6 months. My mothers instinct is that she is cutting some teeth and wondered if god forbid the doctor could be wrong and if anyone else had experienced early teething with their little ones before 6 months?
Your comments/advice would be appreciated.
Caz xxx

/]
jAS11
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
Oh god yeah. My little boy is exactly the same and he's 11 weeks old but has been dribbling loads and chewing his fists for weeks. I said to the HV the other week and she said its possible to be the start of it but real teething doesn't start til 3 months x

nutnut
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Believe it or not my son started teething at 2 weeks! My daughter started at 7 wks so yes it is possible. You don't normally see any teeth until 6 months but the pain is still there. Trust your instincts!

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter has 4 teeth . . . she's 6 months old in a week!

She was exactly the same dribbling, gumming everything, you could even see two white spots where her bottom teeth where coming through at 6 weeks old. It did then take another 2 1/2 months for those teeth to come through, as she was just 4 months old when both the bottom two came through a day or two apart.

Her top two have come through just a few days apart again and she is still drooling like mad! I'm hoping she gets a bit of a break from it soon, as though she doesn't seem to be really badly affected, she can be a bit grizzly and she wakes up through the night.

You cant use a lot of the teething stuff until they are three months old but I find the Teetha granules really good (they do a gel as well but I don't think it can be used as early) I think the granules can be used earlier 2 months??

I would trust your instincts! Try dummies that have been in the fridge, I also found she like the silicone toothbrush to chew on (though its not supposed to be til 6 months - I just supervised), the cold water teethers. I also go Frankie a MAM early teeth ring but nothing worked quite as well as my fingers! Wink

]
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
LOL I've just noticed this is an old post!

]
charlene6789
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:27 pm 
Post subject:
Hey my son started teethn at 2-3, his teeth came down and everything now he's 4 months with 4 teeth in his mouth xd. i still bresatfeed even though i get bitten but eh i dont really mind it. Some os us have an advanced baby i know i do.
bertgabby
Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:31 am 
Post subject:
They say it's possible to start teething in the womb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular