DESPEATELY NEEDING HELP- pregnant with baby 3

Bar
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:46 pm 
Post subject: DESPEATELY NEEDING HELP- pregnant with baby 3
PLEASE HELP! ADVICE OR SUPPORT NEEDED!!!

Me and my OH had unprotected sex on 27th May (caught in the moment) and as a result I had to get the morning after pill the next day. I did, and I took it at about 12.00 that afternoon.

Anyway, the last few days I had been feeling unwell, and put this down to stress, as I have had a lot to deal with. I had been feeling sick and very tired. I decided to google forums about failed morning after pills, which panicked me, so I though I had better test to be sure. I figured what are the chances that I am in the 10% that fail???

Turns out, I am in the 10%. Baby 3 on the way and I am so confused, shocked, scared, annoyed with myself for my stupidity and OH too for that matter! We are fully grown adults, with kids, bills and life to deal with... Baby 3??? I was due to return to studying in Sept- a 3 yr Degree!!! how can I do this is baby is due in jan/ feb 2014??

Please offer any words of encouragement.

Thanks! I am not a newbie btw- I just forgot my login stuff, and I also felt that my new circumstances required a new profile. A lot has changed since I last logged in (about 3 yrs ago)
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
I can't give much advice as I only have the one but wanted to wish you well.

Don't give up on your plans, perhaps look into OU instead or see if the university has childcare facilities you could use, or if they'd let you postpone for a year.

Good luck! Very Happy
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:05 am 
Post subject:
I really don't want to postpone it as I have been waiting a long time for this. I was rejected from uni last yr (poor grades) and if I loose it now, I fear it will neve happen. I have already put all the plans in motion. I applied for childcare for my other 2 kiddies, and I have applied for all loans and living costs etc... I was literally just waiting for the enrolment date, which will be very soon. I am going to go, as I cant allow one night of passion and one failed pill determine my outcome. I am in two minds as to what to do, and not knowing how many weeks is seriously altering my views. I have a few decisions to make, all of which are vey hard. I have to think things through. My OH is really not happy at all, he is upset, angry, confused, and I feel the same. He is my world, and is coping well (considering)...
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Do be carefu, I know of a couple of people who took the morning after pill and it failed and they ended up with ectopic pregnancies.
While you are making your decision just keep an eye on pain and cramping etc.
There is never a right time to have a baby but if you decide to go ahead with the pregnancy you wI'll survive.
Studying with a young baby is hard work but it is doable, if your course is nursing related its much more demanding than say a English degree so bare that in mind.

What ever you decide I wish you good luck Smile
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:44 am 
Post subject:
I think I am still a little in shock, but I am stating to think about a new baby and I am (whilst still scared, shocked and confused) I am embracing it and I am going to have this lil surprise. I hope all is ok, and that the pill had no side effects to him or her, and that it is not an ectopic pregnancy. Its happened, he or she is here now, and whilst we NEVER planned this one, we can only do our best I guess...
Cathymummy
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:44 pm 
Post subject:
I celebrated my 30th birthday in January, and found out the nxt month I had a belated birthday present! I was shocked, we hadn't discussed a 3rd baby properly, we had plans for a holiday, moving house, me to progress career wise but we ended up being delighted. Sadly it wasn't to be and we lost the baby at the 12 week can. This however confirmed to us how much we did want a 3rd and final baby and r now happily expecting again (though nervous!)
I figure (for me) everything else can wait and what will be will be
Good luck with your decision, never an easy one xxxx

Bar
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:07 am 
Post subject:
The shock is gone, and I do really want this baby. My OH was a bit on the fence, but he is happy to support this decision, as he shares my views and is embracing it. If anything was to happen to this lil bundle, I know he will not want to try again, and he will see it as what was meant to. I hope, pray and wish and want this baby to be strong as he or she is wanted, and I hope I have a healthy pregnancy. My doctor has booked my scan, so soon I will see belly bean....
Cathymummy
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck sweetie, I'm sure everything will be fine at the scan, this baby was obviously meant to b here Smile
Xxxx

Bar
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
lets hope so... by the look of your ticker, you and me are due at the same sot of time. I am about 6 weeks- I have no idea exactly, but 6 seems to be the likeliest possibility. Early 2014 babies! Good luck to you too. I hope we both have happy and healthy pregnancies and safe and painless(or as painless as can be) deliveries.
Cathymummy
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
Think I'm due 22nd feb Smile though I'll be having a c section sooner than that (I have big babies!)
Saw the dr today who was fab and really listened to me, made me calm down a little about this pregnancy it's going to b a long 6 weeks b4 my scan!!!!
Smile xxxxxx

Bar
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:53 am 
Post subject:
My doctor seems to have calculate I am 12 weeks, but I said that's impossible as me and OH only did it 6 weeks ago (in this cycle). However my cycles are irregular and based on my lmp (1st April) that's how they came to that conclusion. But I am 100% positive I am not over 6 weeks. baby 3 means I would be showing by now. I was showing with baby 2 by about 8-10. Not hugely, but defo a tummy was present.
MummyFlint
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:39 am 
Post subject:
Im hving my third and so jan ill hv 3 children under 3 and 1/2 . Im also in my final year of studoes and hv discused with the cou4se manager how I cn continue to study. It will b hard but I thoroughly excited and can wait. However my situation is slightly different were we both new we wantd to three and after my first too bin unplanned closely together it didnt seem right to wait for a big age gap with the last. X
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 am 
Post subject:
best wishes, its never easy studying and having a baby to look after, but it can be done. i was in my second yrar of studies when my son was born and i managed to finish. just have to be disciplined and plan it well.
were there is a will there will be a way!
GOOD LUCK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular