pregnancy after lltz/loop/leep

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:44 am 
Post subject: pregnancy after lltz/loop/leep
hi guyssss Very Happy found out im around 8 weeks pregnant Very Happy (anyone who knows me on facebook please keep it quiet early days n all that) but im a bit worried havent seen a midwife yet but in april i had a loop diathermy done where they take abnormal cells of your cervix : / i heard it increases the chances of premature birth or even miscarriage eeekkkkk any one have any experience with this?????
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:50 am 
Post subject:
Congrats on your pregnancy Smile I went to the hospital wed for a Colposcopy & I had some cells removed. I asked if I was okay to go ahead & keep ttc & if I did fall pg would it be okay & my consultant said it was absolutely fine & that I should carry on with life just as normal Smile

Hope this helps! Smile xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Very Happy
I had this done years ago and have been pregnant 3 times since, first time was 2yrs after treatment,delivered before labour started by c section for PP at 37 weeks, second time waters broke at 38 weeks , 3rd time I did go into labour early at 33 weeks but that was almost certainly the result of an infection and nothing to do with the diathermy Smile
I didn't try to conceive soon after mine my pregnancy 2yrs later was a surprise but I was told at the time it would be fine if I wanted to try for a baby, I think there's a bigger risk with the cone biopsy as they take more of the cervix, with the diathermy they take as little as possible, I was told about the size of a 5 p for me and it never caused any other problems, Congratulations again Very Happy xx
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
congratulations! I got pregnant 4 months after I had mine done with my first child and had no probs - when I went back for my hospital check up they said there was no risks, they only thing they could not do is the 6 month check until after you've had the baby xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular