Insanity

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:37 pm 
Post subject: Insanity
Hey I just wondered if anyone has done insanity fitness.. im starting on Monday and I'm pretty nervous lol I cant even do one press up and the fitness test has do as many in a minute in it Shocked

any tips on how to build upper body strength so im able to do at least one? xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
IM meant to be starting this soon aha. Dreading it, im 20 and get out of breath going up the stairs oh my!
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:28 pm 
Post subject:
My friend followed it properly and she lost 8lbs in the first month and 10 in the second. The results were amazing! she now has a 6 pack! im pigging out on chocolate this weekend as youre not allowed any refined carbs on the eating plan in the 9 weeks you do the program. So nervous after watching all the dvds! Each ome is 40 mins long. so 40 mins for 6 days a week! its madness! xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
Arent you meant to wait until after your 6 week check ?
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Mental!! Its really hard work and even more so just after having a baby! How about trying 30 day shred to start with its similar but not so hardcore and is 25mins long
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:

yeh I would usually but they cant get me an appt until Emily is 9 weeks and im not waiting that long as im addicted to fitness plus I want to get back into shape ready for me and ohs anniversary next month xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:40 pm 
Post subject:
Kell83 wrote:
Mental!! Its really hard work and even more so just after having a baby! How about trying 30 day shred to start with its similar but not so hardcore and is 25mins long

That's one thing thats worrying me as its 40 mins a day isnt it? Im going to do the fitness test and see how I get on and just take each day as it comes and I'll just stop if it gets too much. I used to go zumba twice a week and body conditioning once a week before I fell pregnant, each clasd was an hour but tbf I did have a day off in between each day whereas insanity is daily Shocked

have you done it? how did you find it? xx

juliebarns
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
XxAvasmummyxX wrote:
nutty1 wrote:

yeh I would usually but they cant get me an appt until Emily is 9 weeks and im not waiting that long as im addicted to fitness plus I want to get back into shape ready for me and ohs anniversary next month xx

I definitely agree here! You should wait for a while longer because I don't think it's a good idea to be doing this right after you have a baby! Just my advice. Best of luck!
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Post subject:
Just out of curiosity why do they tell you to wait so long before excercising? im on day 2 of insanity and apart from feeling a little achey I feel fine..

I thought when midwives told people to wait it was just propaganda Question xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Just out of curiosity why do they tell you to wait so long before excercising? im on day 2 of insanity and apart from feeling a little achey I feel fine..

I thought when midwives told people to wait it was just propaganda Question xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
I think its the risk of haemorrhaging!!
I dont know about you but after my section i bled for up to 10 weeks and every time i did something such as pick washing off the floor, etc i would bleed even more and have to go and sit back down! (obviously not by the 10 week point but definitely at 4 weeks)
Just be very careful!
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 am 
Post subject:
oh right. that'll be why midwife said dont do anything strenuous if im still bleeding. With both my girls I just had a normal period and then it went a week after giving birth. im going to take it easy tomorrow anyway as my legs are killing Laughing xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:41 am 
Post subject:
I think part of it is because your abdominal muscles can split whilst you're pregnant and you have to allow them time to return to normal as well as letting your body physically recover and coping with blood loss etc. xx
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Also if your breastfeeding you need to make sure the diets suitable and won't effect your milk supply.

I would not have had the energy for something like that so respect to you for that. I got told six weeks for exercise and 3 months for sit ups etc. As it was I didn't do much for about 8 months as was too bloody knackered.
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:41 am 
Post subject:
I would wait until 6 weeks at least as well. I started around 4 doing the 30 day shred after having Alice, whereas I'd never bothered doing much exercise after having Kieran and Adam, and my stomach muscles are completely messed up. I am probably lighter now than my pre pregnancy weight but my stomach muscles have never settled so have to wear fat knickers to pull them in :/ I think I started too early. As for doing Insanity.. not a chance hah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular