help!!!!

cbods28
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:43 pm 
Post subject: help!!!!
i took a digital hpt and a sensitive ovulation test my ovulation test was negative no 2nd line at all and my digi hpt said not pregnant but the test strip had 2 lines why does that happen???
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:17 am 
Post subject:
The digital pregnancy tests always have 2 lines in them from what Ive heard so I wouldnt read anything into that. I think it just indicates that the test has worked.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:49 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I've pulled digi tests apart as you do and mine had 3 blue lines one strong one and two faint ones, the strong one is the control to show it's worked and the other two are two different sensitivities of strip that help the test work out how many weeks you are, now I've heard the digi strips actually pick up LH as well ( to the point where on one forum a woman having her pre ov surge used one and got a 'pregnant' result Shocked it was a US site though ) so you can get faint lines on both strips just from low levels of LH that you normally have in your system, maybe you had enough to get a line on the more sensitive test strip but not on the less sensitive strip Question Or they could even just pick up the natural low levels of HCG all women have all the time as well and again that could have been enough to get a faint line on one test but not the other,we all have 'normal' levels of about 1-5 MIU which is why even the most sensitive tests usually have a lower pick up limit of 10miu or they could give false positives, the digi test itself 'reads' the colour intensity and decides from that if it thinks you're pregnant or not, so it is actually the only test on sale where a second line of any sort doesn't make it a positive test as the more sensitive strip doesn't have a lower limit which the normal HPT's do for control purposes so you can get a line even at none pregnant levels of HCG. Hope I've not confused things more for you xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular